+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern --> Low wage as administrative assistant for CEC

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi Guys. I am working for a small company with three people in total in Vancouver and I want to apply for PR next year. The only concern is that the wage is $14 an hour... The low wage for this area according to Job Bank is $13.43. My agent told me that it should probably be fine? I do know that the website doesn't say wage is a fundamental factor to refuse a CEC application.
But I am not quite sure and I am very anxious about it. Is there anyone on the same boat and received their PR card?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Thank you very much! I got anxious because I saw few questions posted on the forum said that their PR was refused due to low wage.
Some people misunderstand why they were refused... the refusual is because the he VO does not believe that the work experience was skilled; they can check the wage range for additonal information, but they cannot refuse an applicant because of wage alone.Usually it is because of deficiencies in the letter of reference and/or supplementary employment documents, like if the job duties & responsibilities were missing or not convincing, or they claim to be a manager but have no staff/subordinates to manage, etc. Wage - t's just a piece of the puzzle, nothing more.

Reactions: jaggeo and Evens

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Some people misunderstand why they were refused... the refusual is because the he VO does not believe that the work experience was skilled; they can check the wage range for additonal information, but they cannot refuse an applicant because of wage alone.Usually it is because of deficiencies in the letter of reference and/or supplementary employment documents, like if the job duties & responsibilities were missing or not convincing, or they claim to be a manager but have no staff/subordinates to manage, etc. Wage - t's just a piece of the puzzle, nothing more.
Thank you so much! I think I will work on my description duties and Letter of Employment in general. I appreciate it!

Reactions: jaggeo