+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Concern about error made at airport in terms of TRV... Please help

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi guys. last year I went back to China for 1 week and when I returned my TRV has expired for 3 days. However, at the airport neither me nor the officer at the border noticed it when I entered Canada.

After I graduated this year, I received my work permit through flagpoling and applied online for my renewed TRV successfully.

Right now I am working as an administrative assistant and getting ready to apply for PR through CEC stream but that experience still concerns me very much. Is it going to impact me through background checking or something at that time?
I just ordered online for my entry record to see if there is any note taken... still waiting

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
Hi there,

Although the initial mistake was from your side for not mentioning that you have an expired TVR, there is no room to worry. The second mistake and the more important one was from the officer at the point of entry. It was his/her job to check your documents properly and take notice of the expiration. Basically you're off the hook.

Even if your notes come back clean without any mentions, I strongly suggest that you compose a letter and explain the incident sincerely. Add it into your CEC application. The officers in charge of your application will understand same as anybody else reading this post and your sincere concern. Again the action had to be taken at the port of entry. What is past is past. Stay positive, sincere and honest.

Best of luck mate,

Reactions: Evens

Evens

Star Member
May 1, 2018
Hi there,

Although the initial mistake was from your side for not mentioning that you have an expired TVR, there is no room to worry. The second mistake and the more important one was from the officer at the point of entry. It was his/her job to check your documents properly and take notice of the expiration. Basically you're off the hook.

Even if your notes come back clean without any mentions, I strongly suggest that you compose a letter and explain the incident sincerely. Add it into your CEC application. The officers in charge of your application will understand same as anybody else reading this post and your sincere concern. Again the action had to be taken at the port of entry. What is past is past. Stay positive, sincere and honest.

Best of luck mate,
Hi kind stranger,
Thank you sooooooooo much! Your comment is very relieving! I think I will write a letter to make it clear!
Best Regards,

Reactions: rezafc