+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comprehensive security screening is too long(about 3 years)

Takita

May 12, 2021
How frustrating!
I am from China, too!
Both me and my husband are under security screening, the CBSA notes show that "In progress by CBSA".
Where did your notes show "comprehensive security screening "? from CBSA or IRCC notes?
Hi @MaggieWater ,

Did you know if it's comprehensive screening?

My CBSA notes show that "In progress by CBSA".

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
Hi, All,
My document of immigration was mailed to the federal in Oct 2018 and got my FN in Jan 2019. Medical examination passed in Feb 2019. Since that, my application is in progress till now. By GSMS notes and CBSA notes, it shows that my application is under comprehensive security screening since July 2019 because of my wife's occupation. The last CSIS notes I got in Jan 2022 showed my wife's CSIS screen check has been completed but CBSA is still under processing. I wonder is there any way we can speed up the security screening? How long it will take for CBSA cleansing after CSIS is complet?
Did they give you final decision. We are in same situation. Plz reply really very stressful

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
More than one year. Did you apply for mandamus? Are you inland or outland applicant.
Outland. I know someone in a similar situation applied for mandamus, but soon got refused. So, I intend not to do that, maybe keep waiting is safer for me.

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
Outland. I know someone in a similar situation applied for mandamus, but soon got refused. So, I intend not to do that, maybe keep waiting is safer for me.
Yeah. Which country are you from? I will keep you updated if we receive anything. I have 2 more friends in same situation. Plz keep in touch with me if you receive any new update from immigration about security.

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
Yeah. Which country are you from? I will keep you updated if we receive anything. I have 2 more friends in same situation. Plz keep in touch with me if you receive any new update from immigration about security.
I'm from China and ever worked for a state-owned company, I believe this is the reason they spent so long time to check me. Actually, I understand their concern and hope they can process my application fairly. The only way I can do is to keep patient, although this is really really not easy for me and my family.
I will keep in touch with you for sure.
Which country are you from?

Gill4guri

Aug 18, 2022
I'm from China and ever worked for a state-owned company, I believe this is the reason they spent so long time to check me. Actually, I understand their concern and hope they can process my application fairly. The only way I can do is to keep patient, although this is really really not easy for me and my family.
I will keep in touch with you for sure.
Which country are you from?
I’m in canada but it’s my spouse’s application from India. We are also waiting but its hard to wait too long. He is in police that’s the reason taking too long for security. Do you know anyone else who received the visa with same situation as our. How long did they wait if you know someone?

lcincanada

Jan 25, 2021
I’m in canada but it’s my spouse’s application from India. We are also waiting but its hard to wait too long. He is in police that’s the reason taking too long for security. Do you know anyone else who received the visa with same situation as our. How long did they wait if you know someone?
I know a Chinese policewoman whose security screening took 37 months, but the result is fortunate, she got approved. So, don't worry, it will come.