+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comprehensive security screening is too long(about 3 years)

laoyan0523

May 5, 2022
Hi, All,
My document of immigration was mailed to the federal in Oct 2018 and got my FN in Jan 2019. Medical examination passed in Feb 2019. Since that, my application is in progress till now. By GSMS notes and CBSA notes, it shows that my application is under comprehensive security screening since July 2019 because of my wife's occupation. The last CSIS notes I got in Jan 2022 showed my wife's CSIS screen check has been completed but CBSA is still under processing. I wonder is there any way we can speed up the security screening? How long it will take for CBSA cleansing after CSIS is complet?

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
Hi, All,
My document of immigration was mailed to the federal in Oct 2018 and got my FN in Jan 2019. Medical examination passed in Feb 2019. Since that, my application is in progress till now. By GSMS notes and CBSA notes, it shows that my application is under comprehensive security screening since July 2019 because of my wife's occupation. The last CSIS notes I got in Jan 2022 showed my wife's CSIS screen check has been completed but CBSA is still under processing. I wonder is there any way we can speed up the security screening? How long it will take for CBSA cleansing after CSIS is complet?
While I feel sorry that you've waited this long, no-one can possibly know how long it will take to complete. None of us work for the CBSA. None of us work for CSIS. No-one can possibly tell you how long it will take.

It sounds like you have a very unique case - what country are you from and what's your wife's occupation?

laoyan0523

May 5, 2022
While I feel sorry that you've waited this long, no-one can possibly know how long it will take to complete. None of us work for the CBSA. None of us work for CSIS. No-one can possibly tell you how long it will take.

It sounds like you have a very unique case - what country are you from and what's your wife's occupation?
I come from China and my wife works for a nationally owned company as a normal staff. Don't know why CBSA takes too long to process the background check.

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I come from China and my wife works for a nationally owned company as a normal staff. Don't know why CBSA takes too long to process the background check.
Well there you go, you got your answer. She works for the Chinese government and that creates an immediate potential national security risk. No offence but as a taxpayer I'm leaning with CSIS/CBSA taking as long as they want to ensure she's isn't a threat to Canada after everything you hear about Chinese government spies stealing IP from other countries. Hopefully she satisfies their concerns soon enough.

laoyan0523

May 5, 2022
Well there you go, you got your answer. She works for the Chinese government and that creates an immediate potential national security risk. No offence but as a taxpayer I'm leaning with CSIS/CBSA taking as long as they want to ensure she's isn't a threat to Canada after everything you hear about Chinese government spies stealing IP from other countries. Hopefully she satisfies their concerns soon enough.
o_O She is just a popular staff. It is not valuable to cost so much on censoring her. :p

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
o_O She is just a popular staff. It is not valuable to cost so much on censoring her. :p
Her being "popular staff" is completely irrelevant - she is a potential national security risk to Canada. The Canadian government is rich and will take the money and time needed to ensure they're satisfied with her admissibility, you don't need to worry about costs to the taxpayers of Canada.

Also censoring isn't something that the Canadian government does, you're a little confused.

If someone who worked for the US government wanted to migrate to China, would you just let them through or take a LONG time making sure they weren't going to be a threat?

But my best wishes to you, hopefully it is resolved soon. Has she had a CSIS interview?

Last edited:

laoyan0523

May 5, 2022
Her being "popular staff" is completely irrelevant - she is a potential national security risk to Canada. The Canadian government is rich and will take the money and time needed to ensure they're satisfied with her admissibility, you don't need to worry about costs to the taxpayers of Canada.

Also censoring isn't something that the Canadian government does, you're a little confused.

If someone who worked for the US government wanted to migrate to China, would you just let them through or take a LONG time making sure they weren't going to be a threat?

But my best wishes to you, hopefully it is resolved soon. Has she had a CSIS interview?
Thanks a lot! There is no interview of her CSIS screening.

MaggieWater

Apr 24, 2020
How frustrating!
I am from China, too!
Both me and my husband are under security screening, the CBSA notes show that "In progress by CBSA".
Where did your notes show "comprehensive security screening "? from CBSA or IRCC notes?

laoyan0523

May 5, 2022
How frustrating!
I am from China, too!
Both me and my husband are under security screening, the CBSA notes show that "In progress by CBSA".
Where did your notes show "comprehensive security screening "? from CBSA or IRCC notes?
You can order CBSA notes and it give you information regarding security check.

arbu45

Star Member
Oct 1, 2019
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
10-01-2020
@laoyan0523