+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated visa.Ties?

Mariebelmont

May 14, 2018
Hello,after reading a lot of posts on here I started wondering if my visa would get approved or rejected.
-I'm married to a Canadian citizen
-24 yo
-I don't work nor study (ties)
-I don't have a bank account
BUT
-Dependant on my father who has sufficient funds for me (we live abroad and he's a diplomat)
-I've travelled
-My husband will have an invitation letter for me
-My father will finance my stay and my husband the air ticket

So my question is, do I still have any red flags ?? Do you think my visa will be accepted ?

Jun 11, 2018
Why do you need a visa?

You are married with a Canadian citizen so you have the permit residence good for you, you shouldn't need a visa if you are married just ask for the residence permit

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello,after reading a lot of posts on here I started wondering if my visa would get approved or rejected.
-I'm married to a Canadian citizen
-24 yo
-I don't work nor study (ties)
-I don't have a bank account
BUT
-Dependant on my father who has sufficient funds for me (we live abroad and he's a diplomat)
-I've travelled
-My husband will have an invitation letter for me
-My father will finance my stay and my husband the air ticket

So my question is, do I still have any red flags ?? Do you think my visa will be accepted ?
I don't intend to sound discouraging. Unfortunately, your application has all the classic reasons for a TRV refusal (Canadian spouse + no spousal PR application + no study or employment ties + no personal finances, etc).

If your TRV is granted then consider yourself incredibly lucky.

You might want to consider applying for a spouse PR instead

Mariebelmont

May 14, 2018
I don't intend to sound discouraging. Unfortunately, your application has all the classic reasons for a TRV refusal (Canadian spouse + no spousal PR application + no study or employment ties + no personal finances, etc).

If your TRV is granted then consider yourself incredibly lucky.

You might want to consider applying for a spouse PR instead
Hi there.Do you mean be sponsored by my husband ? Because we plan on doing that after I apply for a visa.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi there.Do you mean be sponsored by my husband ? Because we plan on doing that after I apply for a visa.
Yes - we are referring to your husband sponsoring you for PR.

You can certainly try applying for a TRV however the chances of being approved are likely low.

Reactions: Mariebelmont

Mariebelmont

May 14, 2018
Yes - we are referring to your husband sponsoring you for PR.

You can certainly try applying for a TRV however the chances of being approved are likely low.
That will take AT LEAST a year that is the reason we thought a visa would be better but if I will just get a refusal ..do you think reopening a bank account could help?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
That will take AT LEAST a year that is the reason we thought a visa would be better but if I will just get a refusal ..do you think reopening a bank account could help?
It most likely won't make any difference.

Reactions: Mariebelmont

Markusb

Jun 13, 2018
So in you best opinion would it make more sense to just do the visitor visa first and then once approved we apply for the permanent residency afterwards. some questions though,

- if we apply for visitor visa and it is approved. For example 6 months, and we apply for permanent residency 2-3 months of her in Canada will that conflict with her Visitor visa?

- What grounds can we justify that she would have the willingness to return. I.e. How could we make her application for visitor visa stronger.

Thank you, Kind regards.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
It gets confusing to relate to the facts when someone else hijacks a thread. Are you the OP or the spouse of the OP of this thread?

So in you best opinion would it make more sense to just do the visitor visa first and then once approved we apply for the permanent residency afterwards. some questions though,
You would want to post the details for your case

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
That's my husband,he's not hijacking :)
Ah okay. It makes sense :)

TRV approvals are quite rare in these circumstances. What adds to the difficulty and challenges in you getting a TRV approval is a Canadian spouse + you don't have any ties to your home country/country of residence, etc.

It would have somewhat easier if your husband lived in another country and you intended to visit Canada for a short holiday with him. That's not the case here.

IMO, you should not apply for a TRV at this point in time. It would only cause disappointment and avoidable stress. Your husband must apply for sponsorship via the outland route. You can attempt a TRV at some point after your file is transferred to your local visa office

Mariebelmont

May 14, 2018
Ah okay. It makes sense :)

TRV approvals are quite rare in these circumstances. What adds to the difficulty and challenges in you getting a TRV approval is a Canadian spouse + you don't have any ties to your home country/country of residence, etc.

It would have somewhat easier if your husband lived in another country and you intended to visit Canada for a short holiday with him. That's not the case here.

IMO, you should not apply for a TRV at this point in time. It would only cause disappointment and avoidable stress. Your husband must apply for sponsorship via the outland route. You can attempt a TRV at some point after your file is transferred to your local visa office
I understand better now,thank you.It did cause disappointement after reading the replies from you but we have hope for the future.
Did you mean an inland application ? The processing time it takes from my country of residence is 18 months compared to 12 for inland applications.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I understand better now,thank you.It did cause disappointement after reading the replies from you but we have hope for the future.
Did you mean an inland application ? The processing time it takes from my country of residence is 18 months compared to 12 for inland applications.
You cannot apply as an inland application. You live outside Canada = Outland process