AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
We have a complicated situation with study/work permits and implied status.

1) We currently have a spousal PR application (Outside although living in Canada);
2) Have study permit, internship work permit and off campus work permit all valid until Oct 31st.
3) Have completed academic course portion on June 24rd but need to complete 4 week internship in order to graduate.

Will have a job that will allows us to complete the internship and graduate. Assuming that the 4 weeks would be completed by October 15th and assuming that we get the graduation confirmation immediately from the school we will apply for an off-campus work permit before October 31st.

Will we have implied status that will allow us to continue working at the new job until the off-campus work permit is received?

I am not sure if we need to apply for extensions to the study permit and off-campus work permit along with the OCWP in order to maintain implied status. Thanks for any insight.

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
I screwed that post up. I meant to say post-graduate work permit not off campus work permit.

Will have a job that will allows us to complete the internship and graduate. Assuming that the 4 weeks would be completed by October 15th and assuming that we get the graduation confirmation immediately from the school we will apply for an off-campus post graduate work permit before October 31st.

Will we have implied status that will allow us to continue working at the new job until the off-campus post graduate work permit is received?

I am not sure if we need to apply for extensions to the study permit and off-campus work permit along with the OCWP post graduate work permit in order to maintain implied status. Thanks for any insight.

[/quote]

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Harju said:
I screwed that post up. I meant to say post-graduate work permit not off campus work permit.

Will have a job that will allows us to complete the internship and graduate. Assuming that the 4 weeks would be completed by October 15th and assuming that we get the graduation confirmation immediately from the school we will apply for an off-campus post graduate work permit before October 31st.

Will we have implied status that will allow us to continue working at the new job until the off-campus post graduate work permit is received?

I am not sure if we need to apply for extensions to the study permit and off-campus work permit along with the OCWP post graduate work permit in order to maintain implied status. Thanks for any insight.
No, you can't start work with out a valid Post Graduate Work Permit in your hand. If you apply for PGWP within 90 days of your Graduation confirmation, that gives you a legal status "to stay" in Canada and also to search and apply for the jobs.

With online PGWP application, it may takes upto 2 or 3 months to get the same.

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
I think I may have found my answer in the Off Campus WP guide. I hope!

Implied status: Students who have completed their studies and have submitted an application for a Post- Graduation Work Permit, when they are in possession of a valid study permit and a valid Off-Campus Work Permit, may continue to work off-campus until a decision on their application has been made.

Enfield, I do not disagree with your answer but our situation is that we will be already be working and in possession of valid (but about to expire) study and off-campus work permits when the post graduate work permit is applied for which seems to fit into the above (I hope). Thanks for your response.

mah121

Star Member
Jun 6, 2011
Hi there , to answer your qs so its YEs you can continue to work while waiting for ur PGWP even if your current status expires, thats known as " Implied status". Hope it helps it happened to me from my own experience so you can work.