+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated scenario for Study Permit

Kollina

Dec 15, 2017
Hello All,

Im writing you all this inquiry hoping that any of you guys can help me out.

I'm 30 years old, graduated in 2010 and currently pursuing a study permit to enrol in a Graduate Diploma program in one of the prominent Unis in Quebec. As you might've noticed, I have around 8 years of study gap. Out of the 8 years I served one year in the Army (involuntary service) and the remaining 7 years represents my professional work experience.

Based on the fact that my employer will not offer a 1 or 2 years unpaid leaave, I'm considering to resign and pursue this specific program as my experiance was very limited and concentrated in only one aspect in the business world. The program will certainly be a refresher for things i was taught in Uni and will add value in many other business sides that i have zero experiance at. I maintain an adequate amount of funds to cover the tution and living expenses in Canada.

That being said, I'm a bit concerned about receiving a rejection for my study permit application due to not providing sufficient evidence that I will leave the country (which is the most common reason for rejecting visa apps). In my home country, I own an appartment and a car in my name which i can provide a proof for. Additionally I have no family ties in Canada nor intending to stay in the country after graduating.

Does anybody think that I can succeed in my study permit? And are there any suggestions to improve my application?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Write a strong SOP highlighting how your intended program in Canada will benefit your career when you go back home. Much better if you could also cite how in demand in your country the jobs for your intended program. Mention also about all the properties you own (house, cars, etc,) to prove strong ties back home, as well as family you would leave behind.