26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Hi All,

Long time lurker, and got my PR thanks to these forums.

I have got Canada PR in 2016 and stayed in Canada for almost a year after landing, however due to personal reasons, I left the country in late 2017.

I was planning to come this year, however due to the current CoVid situation, traveling is difficult and plus risky so I don't want to take any chances.

Can anyone guide me if I can request further renewal of my PR under these circumstances as I have not met the minimum 2 years requirement ? and if yes, how would I be able to do so ?

Thanks
Tbear

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

I have got Canada PR in 2016 and stayed in Canada for almost a year after landing, however due to personal reasons, I left the country in late 2017.

I was planning to come this year, however due to the current CoVid situation, traveling is difficult and plus risky so I don't want to take any chances.

Can anyone guide me if I can request further renewal of my PR under these circumstances as I have not met the minimum 2 years requirement ? and if yes, how would I be able to do so ?

Thanks
Tbear
There aren't any provisions for requesting further renewal or extension of PR due to COVID-19. The residency requirement rules haven't changed.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi All,

Thanks
Tbear
The basic IRCC residency requirement to maintain your status as a Canada Permanent Resident: To maintain your status as a permanent resident, you must live in Canada for at least 2 years - 730 days - within a 5 year period. During this time you must be physically in Canada. The two years do not need to be continuous.
Your Pr Validity date I guess is upto 2021.
If possible provide atleast month/year when you first landed, stayed till which month. Out of country since when.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi All,

Thanks
Tbear
your PR Card is still valid, but you have lived too much time out of Canada in 5 years, the border officer could say something or report you to immigration. please. they don't believe in personal reasons.
good luck