+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complicated in need of help....

Motherbuddha

Feb 24, 2012
Right, this is a not so long story I will try to keep it short, though it's a little complicated just figuring out the best way to go about staying in Canada...

So I met my girlfriend online in December last year (Canadian Citizen) and I came over to be with her on June the 18th, I am a UK citizen We have been living together for two months, we have been travelling around Canada together for some of that time doing volunteer work on farms, All we both want is to stay together, we are going to get married soon in Ontario, We have both been looking over a lot of information about me been able to stay here in Canada, Ideally I would like to be able to work here, my girlfriend receives financial assistance here but has been attending school this year to get her credits to graduate high school.

As I said we are both in love with each other, the laws here are really confusing and we are not sure how to proceed....

If any one out there who has been in a similar situation or has any advice it would be most welcome.

I would like to know also when we get married does that make it easier in terms of getting my self some kind of visa and is the reverse more easy, get married here in Canada then both of us go to the uk and get my girlfirend a visa?

Thank you all.

P.S if any one has any phone numbers of people that might be able to help that we could speak to it would be great thank you!

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
The is no income requirements for spousal sponsorship. But she can't be in bankruptcy or receiving government assistance (they mean welfare unless for disability purposes. school loans, tax credits etc are ok) to sponsor you. That being said, your relationship is under a year so your going to need alot of proof. you have to prove its bona fide. were you given 6 months upon entry? if so continue to use the time to collect more documentation apply for a visitor extension, reason for extension tell them you would like alittle more time to plan a wedding and get documents together to send in for PR. she should get a job and get off the assistance and then once you get married you will have everything you need. It will take time either way, you to Canada or her to UK. gonna need pretty much the same things to submit with an application atleast as far as evidence goes. GL!

AnaMaria

May 2, 2012
New Westminster, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2012
AOR Received.
09-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
04-05-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
30-11-2012!
Getting married is one way. Even though there is no minimum earnings required to sponsor spouse, I believe she/you will need to provide plans how you and your girlfriend will support each other. This may be difficult, but not impossible, if she is trying to graduate high school at this point. And she cannot be on social benefit for 3 years once PR is granted to you. You will also need good evidence of your relationship. Marriage alone is not considered enough particularly when your relationship is short and not much time spent together. So if you can extend your stay with her, that would be definitely recommended. You can develop your relationship and gather more evidence. But downside is probably money. And you should know that you have to cover 100% of health care expenses if something happens.

If you are eligible, you may want to look into working holiday visa. And it is not any easier or quicker but try to look for a company who might be able to give you a job offer. But just so that you know, job offer alone does not permit you to work. Employer has to go through the process and not many would be willing to do so.

Good luck!