Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-01-2019
AOR Received.
26-01-2019
Med's Done....
08-03-2019
Good day House, I am trying to apply for Express Entry visa to Canada, and I have a complicated situation.
I am graduated from my home country as a medical doctor, but I'm currently in the USA studying for a PhD, when Canada ask for a ECA, do I do a WES ECA or MCC ECA or both?
Secondly, my spouse is back in my home country, do I apply as "Spouse accompanying" or not?
Thanks in anticipation

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Do all doctors have to do it? Or it depends on which NOC are you applying under?
Medical doctors have to do this if they are claiming points for their medical degree. A regular Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), doesn't.

If you have a degree in medicine but you aren't claiming points for it (you're putting it in personal history), then you don't need to do this. It's got nothing to do with the NOC you're applying under.

dranuragz

Aug 5, 2019
Medical doctors have to do this if they are claiming points for their medical degree. A regular Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), doesn't.

If you have a degree in medicine but you aren't claiming points for it (you're putting it in personal history), then you don't need to do this. It's got nothing to do with the NOC you're applying under.
Ok- gotcha.
If one is having a medical degree, claiming points for it, but doesnt intend to practice as a medical doctor, does he/ she still need to go through MCC, or can one go through WES?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Actually, I re-read the page and now I'm not sure myself. It does say "If your primary occupation is NOC xx (medical NOCs)."

I'm not a doctor so I'm going to refrain from giving any more advice on this topic. I'll let someone more qualified answer.