Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Friends,

I am in complex situation. I do have 14 points for IELTS & total points are 72 as of now. But I may loose points because of new points system.

I am thinking of backup and want to check if points for relative can be consider in my case as per below situation,

I was married & have kid but my spouse passed away. Couple years later I got married again.

Brother of my first spouse is citizen of Canada and is offering me his detail to use in my application as relative in Canada.

In this case can we think about points for relative? If yes, then what document we need to submit from the person who is living in Canada.

I would be thankful for your help.

I have found the following :-
Relatives in Canada:
You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e., parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, (sibling), child of a grandparent, (aunt/uncle), or grandchild of a parent, (niece or nephew), who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Please guide.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Well, I AM surprised no one has stepped up to the plate on this one yet! From my interpretation of the following rules I am sorry but it doesn't look like you can count any points for a man who is no longer your brother-in-law.
Relatives in Canada:

•You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e. parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, (sibling), child of a grandparent, (aunt/uncle), or grandchild of a parent, (niece or nephew), who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

My suggestion would be to try to get your application in BEFORE 30 June if you have everything in order and know you presently qualify. Good Luck!

asyousuf

Champion Member
Jan 7, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
April 2011
indiatohcanada said:
Friends,

I am in complex situation. I do have 14 points for IELTS & total points are 72 as of now. But I may loose points because of new points system.

I am thinking of backup and want to check if points for relative can be consider in my case as per below situation,

I was married & have kid but my spouse passed away. Couple years later I got married again.

Brother of my first spouse is citizen of Canada and is offering me his detail to use in my application as relative in Canada.

In this case can we think about points for relative? If yes, then what document we need to submit from the person who is living in Canada.

I would be thankful for your help.

I have found the following :-
Relatives in Canada:
You or your accompanying spouse or common-law partner has a relative, i.e., parent, grandparent, child, grandchild, child of a parent, (sibling), child of a grandparent, (aunt/uncle), or grandchild of a parent, (niece or nephew), who lives in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or permanent

resident.

Please guide.
I agree with Pippin. u can not claim points for person belong to your late spouse.
But if you still manage to find somebody who falls under the category of relative (from your existing spouse or else) than u need to submit the address of relative, his/her PRC or Passport copy, latest utility bills, tax statement etc etc to assure that relative is permanently residing in Canada
asyousuf

indiatohcanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
IELTS Request
5th July 2011
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
thanks for sharing your views. Cap is reached for the NOC and, I can't apply before 1st July.

technically you are correct that he is not blood relative of me or accompanying spouse. But he is still relative. But I am here to check opinion from technical point of view, so seems can't use his info.

Anyone else, if know some case like this, please share.

Thank you all.

canada1234

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2012
Check the below thread:-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-relatives-how-to-document-that-t73719.0.html

May 23, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear seniors and friends, I have one question.

My relative lives in Edmonton (AB). I will claim 5 points for that. Can I choose to land and settle down in Toronto (ON) or Vancouver (BC) in my application forms?

Thanks and have a nice day.

indiatohcanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
IELTS Request
5th July 2011
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
canada1234 said:
Check the below thread:-

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/proof-of-relatives-how-to-document-that-t73719.0.html
thank you for sharing this post.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fly high touch the sky said:
Dear seniors and friends, I have one question.

My relative lives in Edmonton (AB). I will claim 5 points for that. Can I choose to land and settle down in Toronto (ON) or Vancouver (BC) in my application forms?

Thanks and have a nice day.
Yes Sir you can unless you are a PNP applicant

indiatohcanada

Star Member
Apr 29, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th July 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 2011
IELTS Request
5th July 2011
File Transfer...
Waiting....
Med's Request
Waiting....
Med's Done....
Waiting....
Interview........
Waiting....
Passport Req..
Waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting....
LANDED..........
Waiting....
Kanamen said:
Yes Sir you can unless you are a PNP applicant
Can you please share any link to PNP process, and can you please write how it is different from regular application or share link on this?

Please.

Kanamen

Champion Member
Oct 20, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indiatohcanada said:
Can you please share any link to PNP process, and can you please write how it is different from regular application or share link on this?

Please.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/provincial/apply-who.asp