+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

completing for two 1-year pg certificates

melvinsunny

May 6, 2021
will it affect on my crs scores badly if I take two separate courses instead of one 2-year program in canada. Also please give comments about this on both job and pgwp perspective(if the 2 programs combained is more than 16, is it obvious that I will get a 3 year stayback?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
You can do two one year programs back to back to get at least a 2 or 3 year PGWP. Assume you have a masters or degreee that is assessed as such to count as two or more for points.

melvinsunny

May 6, 2021
why there isnt a clarity about the number of years, what are the factors considered for getting a 3 year stayback.
As of the crs points, I so saw a question in crs calculation asking whether you have completed a 2 year continuous program in canada, so will that affect it in anyway?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
why there isnt a clarity about the number of years, what are the factors considered for getting a 3 year stayback.
As of the crs points, I so saw a question in crs calculation asking whether you have completed a 2 year continuous program in canada, so will that affect it in anyway?
What is a stayback? Look on the PGWP site and see the eligibility requirements. CRS points depends on length of program and past education too.

melvinsunny

May 6, 2021
stayback is what you call a post study work permit locally here, in the bWebsite it says one(with 1+1) *might "get up to" 3 years. posted this question here to knw from personal or actual experience. what actually makes it 2/3 years.