Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Hello Everyone,

I got my my passport stamped last year and am planning to complete my landing this month and have few questions:

X My CPOR expires on February 3rd 2016. Will it be ok to complete the landing process on January 3oth or does it needs to be before a certain timeframe.

X I am currently on H-1B. Will it be ok to enter Canada in the morning and leave in the afternoon by road? I have read somewhere online that the Canadian immigration won't let you apply for the PR card if you tell them that you are not permanently moving in as of yet. I am planning to move to Canada permanently next year.

X Besides my passport and CPOR do I need anything else. Some say I need to show proof of funds which could be demonstrated through my statement from a USA bank?

X I do not have an H-1B stamping on my passport since I never traveled outside of USA since I changed to H1 from F1. Can I use Automatic Revalidation to enter back in USA?

Thank you all for being so supportive to this community.

AlexVA

Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2016
Anyone in similar situation or have the knowledge of similar scenario?

Thanks

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
Hi

even i am in same boat as you i am planning in june 2016 but having same questions like you.

1. addition to your question if we come back in USA on same day or in short time will our friend or relatives can send out PR card to USA in courier?

2. which is best road route to from USA to Canada?

3. we can drive using our personal car?

4. i have valid H1 stamp from my old employer and new I797 from new employer so i am eligible to use that docs to return back in USA? one thing in my case my old emplyoer have "revoked" old petition but still have valid H1 stamp so will it work?

guide me experts

Thanks in advance

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI AlexVA

did you get any further info on ur questions if yes plz share with me if possible i am same situation as you..

Thanks

singh84a

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO shifted to CVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my my passport stamped last year and am planning to complete my landing this month and have few questions:

X My CPOR expires on February 3rd 2016. Will it be ok to complete the landing process on January 3oth or does it needs to be before a certain timeframe.

Yes you should be fine. As long as you enter prior the PR Visa stamp and COPR expiry date . You are good. Just double check what documents you need.

X I am currently on H-1B. Will it be ok to enter Canada in the morning and leave in the afternoon by road? I have read somewhere online that the Canadian immigration won't let you apply for the PR card if you tell them that you are not permanently moving in as of yet. I am planning to move to Canada permanently next year.

That is incorrect, you will get the PR card once you land. however, you wont' get it by 2-3 months. When you enter canada on PR visa, you are supposed to give them a permanent address in Canada. they will provide a confirmation and the PR card will be mailed at that address in 2-3 months. It is your responsibility for the address and collecting the PR card. the next time you enter canada, you WILL need that PR card. Else you wll have to apply for temporary entry visa. Some people try to get that card through someone who is entering exiting. but that again is at your personal risk

X Besides my passport and CPOR do I need anything else. Some say I need to show proof of funds which could be demonstrated through my statement from a USA bank?

Yes you need to show proof of funds when you enter canada. Remember you are entering as a PR and they have all the right to see proof that you will have enough money to support yourself and your dependents in Canada for an year. The amounts can be found on CIC website. Also, they don't care if you leave the next day. Basically they gave you the PR and now its your responsibility to maintain it.

X I do not have an H-1B stamping on my passport since I never traveled outside of USA since I changed to H1 from F1. Can I use Automatic Revalidation to enter back in USA?
That is something Canada does not care. 2 different countries, separate policies. You will need to check that with US Border Agency. for Canada they are letting you in as a GC. They won't care how you enter US and if they allow or not. Like I said, Canada will need you to show PR card or a temporary visa whenever you enter canada. Unless you are enteirng by road in a private vehicle.

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
hi singh84a,

1. will USA bank statement will work for as POF?

2. i am planning to enter by road with my personal car will be ok?

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
You don't need H1B visa stamp to re-enter US. I went to Canada from US, did the landing and came back to US

Reactions: rohit.joshi

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
AlexVA said:
Hello Everyone,

If your CoPR expires on February 3rd, then you need to land before February 3rd. Be sure you have your goods to follow list, and don't bring weapons - other than that, there's not much that can go wrong at that point.

You need a Canadian address. They will send it there. They will only send it there. You can get a PO box if you have to:

PR cards will only be mailed to post office (PO) boxes if the PO box is your residential mailing address. If no residential address is provided, processing will be delayed until your residential address is provided.

US bank statements tend to work well. They may or may not be required - it's up to the officer whether or not he cares. In general, people from countries with low amounts of fraud (including the US) tend to be fairly trusted. In my case, coming from the US, stated income was more than enough.

I do not have an H-1B stamping on my passport since I never traveled outside of USA since I changed to H1 from F1. Can I use Automatic Revalidation to enter back in USA?
I haven't done it personally, but Dartmouth university had this to say:

After initial entry to the U.S., persons in H-1B status who have an expired non-immigrant visa in their passport may re-enter the U.S. without obtaining a new U.S. visa if their travel was solely to a contiguous territory (Canada or Mexico) and their travel is for a period not exceeding 30 days. This procedure is known as "automatic revalidation" of the U.S. visa. The visa is automatically presumed to be valid for entry to the U.S. on the date the non-immigrant presents him- or herself at the U.S. border.
To take advantage of automatic re-validation of an expired H-1B visa after travel to a contiguous territory, travelers must have, in addition to their passport and I-797 H-1B or H-4 approval notice, a valid Form I-94 card or passport Admission stamp showing H-1B or H-4 status. If you entered the U.S. by air or sea, OVIS recommends carrying a copy of your electronic Form I-94, which can be accessed and printed here. It is also recommended to carry with you proof of your employment, such as a letter from your employer, or paycheck stubs.

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ckshah1498 said:
hi singh84a,

1. will USA bank statement will work for as POF?
Generally, yes. If the officer has questions, he can request that you call the bank. This is unusual for US banks, as US banks tend not to have issues.

2. i am planning to enter by road with my personal car will be ok?
Personal car is absolutely fine.

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
HI Kateg

thanks for advice

can I bring my Car which is still outstanding on loan to Canada and drive in Canada, I dont want to import the car as i am cming in short time back.

i heard that if i add car in good follow list still officer insisting to import car and submit remaining docs in 45 days else penalty.

what to tell officer?

guide me

kateg

Aug 26, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
01-05-2015
IELTS Request
05-05-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
16-04-2015
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
27-08-2015
ckshah1498 said:
can I bring my Car which is still outstanding on loan to Canada and drive in Canada, I dont want to import the car as i am cming in short time back.
We did. The province sets how long you can go without getting a new license. BC, for example, lets you drive for 90 days without getting a new license.

i heard that if i add car in good follow list still officer insisting to import car and submit remaining docs in 45 days else penalty.
I have heard nothing along those lines, nor seen anything online. If you don't own the vehicle yet, though, you may not be able to import it until you do. You also may not be able to exempt it, as the form states:

. With the exception of wedding gifts, alcoholic beverages and tobacco products described in the Tariff Item No. 9807.00.00 Exemption Order , all household and personal effects imported or to be imported by me under this tariff item have actually been owned, possessed, and used abroad by me prior to the date of my arrival in Canada.
If you pay the car off after you land, it may not be exempt, though I'm not sure. I would suggest reaching out to the CBSA on that one.

ckshah1498

Star Member
Jun 23, 2014
i am planning to Ontario via Buffalo, NY bridge by personal car having loan.

so i am planning to add my car in follow up list. will carry car related docs

other then this what we have to tell officer about car if we say we r on short trip for complete landing then will it affect to out PR card application?

guide me

thanks in advance

amazing.grace

Feb 19, 2019
Hello!

I’m planning to land in Canada in the next couple of months from the US for pr card and return to the US in a day or two. As far as proof of funds is concerned, can I show them a copy of my 401k or should I liquidate my 401k before arrival? Also, if there is a specific US to Canada thread, can someone please share it. Thanks!