+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Completely confused about the medical exam

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Hi,

I'm applying through CEC and in the CIC page says that I should bring:

" - the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you don’t get an upfront medical exam
  • We’ll send you this form"
But in my documents section after I received the ITA they say:

"You require a medical exam. Learn how to get an upfront medical exam. In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these forms when you complete your medical exam.

If you cannot get a medical exam before the deadline to submit your application, you may submit proof that you have scheduled an appointment.
"

Which one should I bring, after all? Do I take the IMM 1017E to the doctor and he gives me the IMM 1017B after the exam? If yes, how long does it take for him to give me the 1017B form?
And where do I take this form? I've never received it.

Also, when I am trying to schedule the medical exam in the doctor's website he has two options:

1. With medical report sheet

2. With School, Work or Express Entry sheet

Which one should I choose?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Hi,

I'm applying through CEC and in the CIC page says that I should bring:

" - the Medical Report form (IMM 1017E), if you don’t get an upfront medical exam
  • We’ll send you this form"
But in my documents section after I received the ITA they say:

"You require a medical exam. Learn how to get an upfront medical exam. In order to submit your online application, you will need to upload the information printout sheet or the IMM 1017B Upfront Medical Report form. Your doctor will give you one of these forms when you complete your medical exam.

If you cannot get a medical exam before the deadline to submit your application, you may submit proof that you have scheduled an appointment.
"

Which one should I bring, after all? Do I take the IMM 1017E to the doctor and he gives me the IMM 1017B after the exam? If yes, how long does it take for him to give me the 1017B form?
And where do I take this form? I've never received it.

Also, when I am trying to schedule the medical exam in the doctor's website he has two options:

1. With medical report sheet

2. With School, Work or Express Entry sheet

Which one should I choose?

Thanks in advance!
Just print your ITA document and take it along with the passport to the doctor. Once you are done with the medical, he will give you report one page long and you need to upload that.

Choose the second option from those two you mentioned, Express entry.

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Just print your ITA document and take it along with the passport to the doctor. Once you are done with the medical, he will give you report one page long and you need to upload that.

Choose the second option from those two you mentioned, Express entry.
Thanks for the answer, much appreciated! Which ITA document should I take with me? Is it the IMM5786_1 or IMM5787_1?

So I don't need the IMM 1017E? Because the CIC website says I do. =\

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
No need to print anything. Just tell your panel physician you want upfront medical for Express Entry. All they need is your passport information.

Once everything is done, panel physician will give you an information sheet which you upload and submit along with your application

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks for the answer, much appreciated! Which ITA document should I take with me? Is it the IMM5786_1 or IMM5787_1?

No, it doesn't say you need IMM1017E. It says that form is needed if you DON'T do an upfront medical.

SirManDudeGuy

Jan 3, 2020

I looked up imm1017e, exactly the same questions my physician asked before starting the examination.

Fodrigo

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Ok, thanks for the help everybody.

So should I take the Express Entry invitation (the one that have my applicant number) with me or not?

fedefreire

Jun 10, 2021
Hi, all.
I got to this thread because I'm also confused about the IMM 1017E mentioned in the required documents.

My case is a little bit different, though:
* I have been working in Canada for the past 2 years and currently living here.
* I got an email from IRCC telling me that my medical exams that I did to get my permit are about to expire and I have to renew them
* I don't have an upfront form nor the IMM 1017E form.

Have anyone went through the same issue? Is the 1017 form required in my case for renewing the medical examination for a still valid work permit?

Thanks in advance for you help.