+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Complete/full academic years

jkpark

May 24, 2018
Hi all,
I obtained two degrees, one bachelor and one master in Canada. For the 4-year bachelor program, I transferred some of my credits from Canadian college and Korean university I had attended. So the actual period I attended to school was 2 years which includes 6 semesters.
Also, for the 2-year master program, I completed all courses in 1 year.
In my case, can I say 4 and 2 for 'Complete/full academic years'? Or should it be the actual length of time I spent, which is 2 and 1?
Thank you all for your time.

Reactions: vi22sakup

mcaranay

Star Member
Apr 3, 2018
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
07-26-2017
Passport Req..
09-05-2017
Hi all,
I obtained two degrees, one bachelor and one master in Canada. For the 4-year bachelor program, I transferred some of my credits from Canadian college and Korean university I had attended. So the actual period I attended to school was 2 years which includes 6 semesters.
Also, for the 2-year master program, I completed all courses in 1 year.
In my case, can I say 4 and 2 for 'Complete/full academic years'? Or should it be the actual length of time I spent, which is 2 and 1?
Thank you all for your time.
Im also curious about the correct answer for this.
I have a question though, what "duration" (4&2 vs 2&1) is defined by the academic institutions you have attended to finish each degree and what duration can be supported based on your transcripts timeline combined?

If all the transcripts can show and support 4&2, IMO, then it should be used. Regardless if you transferred units, remember that you still spent time studying from that Canadian college and Korean university, enabling you to finish a 4-year bachelor program in 2 years of time.