Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
If this is true it would be a complete bullshit ! If calling too many times would cause an application delay they should warn us. They should say caliing too often and defining what is too often would cause complaints and therefore delays in your application.

Reactions: vancouverbc2013

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Bombarding the call centre with calls when nothing is changing on your application diverts essential resources that are scarce from areas and other applicants who may require urgent help....

People need to relax... processing time says 12 months....imagine if you had applied during the Harper period when processing was averaging 27 months.....

You sent in your application.... let it be.... unless you know of a perculiar case surrounding your application, your time will come.....

Call centre agents and IRCC have program integrity standards and would not mess with and applicant’s file... however if at anytime during a call, the agent felt you were abusive in your words then they could report to their superior and an investigation into the incident may be made....

So to put it in a nutshell.... calling the call centre everyday for an month will have little impact on the application if for example the file is stuck with CSIS....

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Bombarding the call centre with calls when nothing is changing on your application diverts essential resources that are scarce from areas and other applicants who may require urgent help....

People need to relax... processing time says 12 months....imagine if you had applied during the Harper period when processing was averaging 27 months.....

You sent in your application.... let it be.... unless you know of a perculiar case surrounding your application, your time will come.....

Call centre agents and IRCC have program integrity standards and would not mess with and applicant’s file... however if at anytime during a call, the agent felt you were abusive in your words then they could report to their superior and an investigation into the incident may be made....

So to put it in a nutshell.... calling the call centre everyday for an month will have little impact on the application if for example the file is stuck with CSIS....
well said son,

too many calls while timeframe is 12 months is sooo childish and waste scarce resources at call center for others who need legitimate help or quick question about confusing CIC forms.

ALSO I laughed so hard that I fell off chair a guy who want everything done before he go on vacation and keep calling call Centre, it's not going to happen and that's not how any government in the world does it's business, people just delay their vacation which is not end of world or will get him fired if he don't go to vacation.

PEOPLE GET BACK TO REALITY:
APPLICATION PROCESS IS 12 MONTHS IF YOU ARE LUCKY. ANYTHING LESS IS LUCK.

For example I had my Test at Scarboro last week 28 may and passed, the interview was 5 minutes and went very well and at end of interview the officer told me congratulations wait for your outh letter between June-October 2018, which means its falls Oct 2017 when I applied 1 yr anniversary. Scarborough office is very slow so will be lucky if I get my OUTH Oct 2018.

Last edited:
Reactions: vancouverbc2013

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Had the process been consistent and processing didnt drag on for many months in some centres, they wouldn't face worried clients. Each applicant has their own personality and who's to say the applicant doesnt suffer from OCD. They cant expect everyone to have the same state of mind that they desire.
The thing is, lots of callers (maybe even most of them) called when their application is on pace with the 12-month processing time. From their perspective there is nothing wrong with your application and you're increasing their work burden for no reason. If your customer, or some co-worker/supervisor at your workplace constantly checks your work, inquires about your process, even though you're doing your job on time, would you be annoyed?

I'm pretty sure the prevailing reason is the inconsistency of pace at each stage for each applicant, and the non-transparency in the processing. Some people are significantly faster than the 12-month time and others become worried that their application can't keep up and they don't know why. Maybe they can't let you know every detail on how they process your application and there's nothing you can do, but at least they should have clear communication to you where you're at.

A VERY reliable online system would be good, as the current ECAS is not reliable, nor their correspondence through email or post. For example, I'm at Decision Made stage, and my ECAS line is stuck at In Process. They might of already sent me an oath invite and the email or letter post had been lost in transit. There is no way for me to know this, other than checking and comparing my timeline to similar people in the same processing office. Should I call them to make sure they haven't sent the invite and I won't miss the oath? Lots of worrying people might, and this could happen at every stage of the application!

Reactions: SpiceIsland

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
The thing is, lots of callers (maybe even most of them) called when their application is on pace with the 12-month processing time. From their perspective there is nothing wrong with your application and you're increasing their work burden for no reason. If your customer, or some co-worker/supervisor at your workplace constantly checks your work, inquires about your process, even though you're doing your job on time, would you be annoyed?

I'm pretty sure the prevailing reason is the inconsistency of pace at each stage for each applicant, and the non-transparency in the processing. Some people are significantly faster than the 12-month time and others become worried that their application can't keep up and they don't know why. Maybe they can't let you know every detail on how they process your application and there's nothing you can do, but at least they should have clear communication to you where you're at.

A VERY reliable online system would be good, as the current ECAS is not reliable, nor their correspondence through email or post. For example, I'm at Decision Made stage, and my ECAS line is stuck at In Process. They might of already sent me an oath invite and the email or letter post had been lost in transit. There is no way for me to know this, other than checking and comparing my timeline to similar people in the same processing office. Should I call them to make sure they haven't sent the invite and I won't miss the oath? Lots of worrying people might, and this could happen at every stage of the application!
When you log to this forum and hear stories like: a person called the cic center to discover that his oath is in a few days and never received an email ? if he didn't call them he would have missed his oath ?

You start to worry that you may be in this minority of unlucky people and you can't help yourself but to call from time to time to make sure you didn't miss anythig even though you are in the 12 months delay.

However excessive calling like every day or multiple times a week is absolutely useless but calling them once every two weeks seems logic.

Reactions: DavEd

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
When you log to this forum and hear stories like: a person called the cic center to discover that his oath is in a few days and never received an email ? if he didn't call them he would have missed his oath ?

You start to worry that you may be in this minority of unlucky people and you can't help yourself but to call from time to time to make sure you didn't miss anythig even though you are in the 12 months delay.

However excessive calling like every day or multiple times a week is absolutely useless but calling them once every two weeks seems logic.
Yeah I personally can't take the 45-min wait on the phone so I really don't wanna call them. I sure hope there's a way to make sure I haven't miss anything sent from them. GCMS notes don't help as they're a month old, when they issue invites just a couple weeks before test or oath.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
If this is true it would be a complete bullshit ! If calling too many times would cause an application delay they should warn us. They should say caliing too often and defining what is too often would cause complaints and therefore delays in your application.
Maybe the delay has nothing to do with IRCC practices but rather is KARMA. Some kind of what-goes-round-comes-round perhaps.

Sometimes people do get what they deserve. Not sure how it is that what-goes-round-comes-round actually works, but I can understand the frustration an immigrant has when he only has a fifteen minute break from his job to make a call to the help centre to ask an important question BUT cannot get through because lots of worrying people are clogging up the phone lines calling again and again to ask, like spoiled kids in the back seat of the car, "are we there yet?" (As in, is my application in the local office? when will I be scheduled for the test? when will I be scheduled for the oath? and so on.)

Should I call them to make sure they haven't sent the invite and I won't miss the oath? Lots of worrying people might, and this could happen at every stage of the application!
"Lots of worrying people might . . . "

Especially if they read and are swayed by a climate of obsessive timeline auditors exaggerating atypical anomalies, as is all too pervasive in forums like this.

Note: the overwhelming vast majority of applicants will timely get all notices so long as they have appropriately provided IRCC with accurate, efficacious contact information, and they periodically check eCas. In contrast, the vast majority of communication failures derive from the client's end; some of these are unavoidable, yes, like the client whose circumstances compel changing address multiple times or the applicant whose circumstances compel frequent travel (noting that even travel within Canada, such as for work, can cause problems getting timely notice). So sure, it is prudent for clients/applicants with contact information hurdles to exercise extra caution and sometimes make follow-up inquiries. The rest, the vast majority, can relax, answer the phone, check the mailbox, monitor eCas, AND RELAX while WAITING.

A friend of mine had the same experience as OP last week. He mentioned that he would call the call centre twice a week and was told that he has been calling too much and the processing time is 12 months so he should wait. I wonder if there are some new instructions given to the call centre agents to tell the applicants who have been calling again and again.
If this, and other reports suggesting call centre agents pushing back some when dealing with frequent callers, is true, that suggests there is indeed a large number of applicants calling the help centre all too often, all too frequently. Crazy. Really fffd up crazy.

Every time a client's file is accessed that MUST be recorded (perhaps it does not happen, but at the least that is standard procedure). So every time a client calls the help centre and asks for specific information about his or her own case, the fact of the inquiry is logged into the client's file. For the client who is calling every month, let alone every two weeks, IT WILL BE OBVIOUS, it will be readily noticed by the processing agent AND Citizenship Officer who eventually is reviewing the application and making decisions. This should have NO substantive impact. This has no direct effect on the applicant's qualifications. BUT processing agents and Citizenship Officers are curious people, trained to be curious. Wonder tends to invite questions, and questions tend to lead to inquiries, and inquiries risk sitting in a queue for that inquiry to be done thus risking delays, and inquiries also increase the risk of inviting suspicion . . . easy to see where that line of falling dominoes goes. Not where the applicant prefers.

Perhaps it is merely total coincidence that a high percentage of those who report frequent calls and ATIP/GCMS requests are also reporting , in the forum, problems in their case. Perhaps.

Or KARMA, whatever that is, however it works.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Maybe the delay has nothing to do with IRCC practices but rather is KARMA. Some kind of what-goes-round-comes-round perhaps.

Sometimes people do get what they deserve. Not sure how it is that what-goes-round-comes-round actually works, but I can understand the frustration an immigrant has when he only has a fifteen minute break from his job to make a call to the help centre to ask an important question BUT cannot get through because lots of worrying people are clogging up the phone lines calling again and again to ask, like spoiled kids in the back seat of the car, "are we there yet?" (As in, is my application in the local office? when will I be scheduled for the test? when will I be scheduled for the oath? and so on.)

"Lots of worrying people might . . . "

Especially if they read and are swayed by a climate of obsessive timeline auditors exaggerating atypical anomalies, as is all too pervasive in forums like this.

Note: the overwhelming vast majority of applicants will timely get all notices so long as they have appropriately provided IRCC with accurate, efficacious contact information, and they periodically check eCas. In contrast, the vast majority of communication failures derive from the client's end; some of these are unavoidable, yes, like the client whose circumstances compel changing address multiple times or the applicant whose circumstances compel frequent travel (noting that even travel within Canada, such as for work, can cause problems getting timely notice). So sure, it is prudent for clients/applicants with contact information hurdles to exercise extra caution and sometimes make follow-up inquiries. The rest, the vast majority, can relax, answer the phone, check the mailbox, monitor eCas, AND RELAX while WAITING.

If this, and other reports suggesting call centre agents pushing back some when dealing with frequent callers, is true, that suggests there is indeed a large number of applicants calling the help centre all too often, all too frequently. Crazy. Really fffd up crazy.

Every time a client's file is accessed that MUST be recorded (perhaps it does not happen, but at the least that is standard procedure). So every time a client calls the help centre and asks for specific information about his or her own case, the fact of the inquiry is logged into the client's file. For the client who is calling every month, let alone every two weeks, IT WILL BE OBVIOUS, it will be readily noticed by the processing agent AND Citizenship Officer who eventually is reviewing the application and making decisions. This should have NO substantive impact. This has no direct effect on the applicant's qualifications. BUT processing agents and Citizenship Officers are curious people, trained to be curious. Wonder tends to invite questions, and questions tend to lead to inquiries, and inquiries risk sitting in a queue for that inquiry to be done thus risking delays, and inquiries also increase the risk of inviting suspicion . . . easy to see where that line of falling dominoes goes. Not where the applicant prefers.

Perhaps it is merely total coincidence that a high percentage of those who report frequent calls and ATIP/GCMS requests are also reporting , in the forum, problems in their case. Perhaps.

Or KARMA, whatever that is, however it works.
I made only 2 calls since 2012, it was about 1 call help PR forms & 1 call for form help Citizenship application. I got ATIP report last month and both calls show on ATIP log file.

I moved alot in my PR days but updated Addresses by mail every time and followed online status every 2-3 days and everything was fine.

When you are keep calling when your application is in process in timeframe you disregard and disrespect program integrity.

Currently everyone must Know every organzation from Banks, Bell, Fido, Rogers to Governments Departments are using voice recognition, which means the know who ever idiot is calling right away and hopefully they will ignore phone junks me memeneme who waste the line and prioritize picking phones those looking for legit help.

Last edited:

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013

the timeline is 12 months if everything goes fine, Citizenship and immigration call centre and officers cannot rush as everyone will like.

Just take deep breath, enjoy your life and chill. You are within timeframe.

what can happen is they can delay your application so you can get anxious again and call back so you can become abusive and report you to citizenship officer to request RQ for further delay out of spite, and RQ will take average 3 yrs until you take them to court.

so don't be spoiled cute which means BACK OFF because anyway call Centre have no idea after app reaches your local office or becomes IP.
how did you know this is possible? get RQ if you are "annoying"? just out of curiosity.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014
Well i will add a couple of things. One must not call them again and again as its not only shows non-professional and non-serious attitude but it may create red flags as well because the person processing your file may think that why you are so eager to get it when you are well within the timeline?
On the other hand, i will say that the call centre guys must also behave nicely and patiently as this is a part of thier everyday job and they have to be prepared to face every type of person and questions. I work for a financial institution's call centre and we have strict instructions not to misbehave with anybody in any circumstances.

Reactions: SpiceIsland

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
I got my citizenship in 4 month and 3 weeks , I didn’t call CIC call center at all , some of my friends who is expert in citizenship applications informed me that frequent calls will definitely delay the application while it is totally useless

Bhaijaann

Jun 8, 2018
well also need to understand that once agent says everything is fine on file it is as they also have limited info and the process takes it course within time line mentioned. I have spoken to some agents regarding issues and they have always been helpful. Be Calm

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
I got my citizenship in 4 month and 3 weeks , I didn’t call CIC call center at all , some of my friends who is expert in citizenship applications informed me that frequent calls will definitely delay the application while it is totally useless
Some “friends” who are “experts” ...lol