+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Comparative Evaluation of Studies in Quebec Question

ryanfmartin

Dec 4, 2018
I just became a permanent resident in Quebec and am looking to start applying to teach in a Cegep. To do so, I need to apply for a comparative evaluation of studies. The problem is that I don't have all of my documents and would like to apply as soon as possible. I have an MA degree and PhD. training at excellent universities in the US (I ended up with something called a Master of Philosophy degree but don't have a doctorate). What I don't have are all of my diplomas and transcripts and I'm under some time pressure to get the equivalency document. I have my MA degree and full transcripts, my BA transcripts but can't find my degree (I can order a new one but it will take a month to arrive), and my later graduate training degree without official transcripts (it's a long story, but I'm in dispute over some significant library charges I won't pay). Does anyone have any sense whether or not my application would suffice to grant me the equivalent of an MA? I could resolve all of this with money and time, but I'm short on both.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Getting approved to teach tends to require actual proof of your qualifications. You should be speaking to the teaching licensing board not this forum.