Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does CES send email notifications about any of the following;

(1) Application having been received
(2) date on which CC was charged
(3) What stage the ECA processing is in

?

or at any stage of their ECA process ?

Waiting for them to acknowledge they received my docs. Waiting to see if/when they charge CC.

Futurist

Star Member
Aug 31, 2014
try again. I have called them thrice. always found a different lady. out of these, only one was cooperative who told me which date's applications they are processing.

Hamza Ilyas said:
She didn't informed me anything like this even I asked her couple of times to just let me know what receiving date of application are they processing currently

She just said we cant commit anything and that your application is in queue under processing (btw it was reached them on 29th July) and has to go thru further 4 stages... I was just speechless, she told me you have one option only and that is WAIT

zedd4x

Star Member
Jun 15, 2012
Hamza Ilyas said:
same case is mine... App received 29th CC Charged 31st July and now in queue for processing... might take 2 3 more weeks as she said it has to go thru 4 more steps
I called them today too and they said they are processing my application and I will get the result "very soon". She didn't give me any estimation of how long does "very soon" mean. Also no mention of any "stages" of processing.

MJ2171

Nov 17, 2014
amit.synergy said:
Guy just for information. While applying for wes go to Canada site. (Right top most corner) I made a stupid mistake of applying and paying at US site. ???
i think they should refund your amount if you can write a mail with the details

Hamza Ilyas

Nov 12, 2014
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
zedd4x said:
I called them today too and they said they are processing my application and I will get the result "very soon". She didn't give me any estimation of how long does "very soon" mean. Also no mention of any "stages" of processing.
as I said, she informed me about stages only after lot of cross questioning and I asked specifically that if you can't give me time just let me know how many steps are left she said 3 to 4 more stages...

Hamza Ilyas

Nov 12, 2014
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2014
hariskhan said:
Does CES send email notifications about any of the following;

(1) Application having been received
(2) date on which CC was charged
(3) What stage the ECA processing is in

?

or at any stage of their ECA process ?

Waiting for them to acknowledge they received my docs. Waiting to see if/when they charge CC.
Only after charging CC after that just WAIT WAIT & WAIT

zakir_ullah

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
Cap reached!
MJ2171 said:
i think they should refund your amount if you can write a mail with the details

"All CES service fees are final and non-refundable."

Reference:
http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/terms-conditions

RKBladex

Aug 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per CES Website:
-------------------------

http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces/processing-times

Upcoming Holiday Closure Notice

As part of the University of Toronto, The Comparative Education Service will be closed for the holiday season from Monday, December 22, 2014 to Friday, January 2, 2015 (inclusive). The CES office reopens on Monday, January 5, 2015. The final day we will accept applications prior to the holiday closure is Friday, December 19, 2014. This closure period is not included in the estimated processing time listed above.

- RKBladeX

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zedd4x said:
Even I called them twice and never heard about any stages, perhaps they are adapting some new technique to release assessments.
My humble appeal to all who are waiting for their ECA, post your timelines mentioning the exact dates of documents REACHED and not SENT, and that two all of them, the first and the last, so we can get to know the status and how long are they really taking to process the applications.

Hence my friends, I wish all of us get our ECAs pretty soon.

Also, if anybody has any update regarding the last date of FSW14 please share, avoid sharing old news.

Thanks

hariskhan

Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The fee for ECA in Educational-Credential-Assessment-FSWP.pdf was $226. The name of the form had FSWP in it.

Which confused me about how much CES actually charges for ECA for FSW ? On their website, they say regular ECA is $226. Upgrading it to FSW costs $135.60 more. Where-as the Educational-Credential-Assessment-FSWP.pdf says its $226. How much does CES charge for ECA for FSWP ?

I have not sent the Upgrade to an FSWP with my documents. Do I need to send Upgrade to an FSWP as well ?

P.S. What's the difference between regular ECA and FSW ECA ? Aren't they the same ?

zakir_ullah

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
Cap reached!
hariskhan said:
The fee for ECA in Educational-Credential-Assessment-FSWP.pdf was $226. The name of the form had FSWP in it.

Which confused me about how much CES actually charges for ECA for FSW ? On their website, they say regular ECA is $226. Upgrading it to FSW costs $135.60 more. Where-as the Educational-Credential-Assessment-FSWP.pdf says its $226.

I have not sent the Upgrade to an FSWP with my documents. Do I need to send Upgrade to an FSWP form to CES as well ?

P.S. What's the difference between regular ECA and FSW ECA ? Aren't they the same ?
Visa officers verify our ECA by connecting CES online. Of course all CES records are not accessible for them. Only FSW applicants'
records they can see. Those who got ECA for general purpose require to pay the fee and got ECA upgraded for FSWP.

I hope this helps.

Regards

DesireCA

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Karachi
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
2253, CRS-432
App. Filed.......
Not Yet
hariskhan said:

Which confused me about how much CES actually charges for ECA for FSW ? On their website, they say regular ECA is $226. Upgrading it to FSW costs $135.60 more. Where-as the Educational-Credential-Assessment-FSWP.pdf says its $226. How much does CES charge for ECA for FSWP ?
Bro, CES charge $226 for ECA FSWP version. You have to pay only this/or mentioned in their PDF form fee.

Upgrade fee only applicable if you ALREADY have ECA other then FSWP purpose and you want to convert it for FSWP purpose. In that case you have to pay only upgrade fee (not FSW+upgrade fee)

I have not sent the Upgrade to an FSWP with my documents. Do I need to send Upgrade to an FSWP as well ?

NO

Regular ECA used for employment or any other purpose (other then FSWP).

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I called CES again today, and I was amazed to hear that still they are processing applications received on 8th August, RIP ECA and RIP FSWP 2014 for all who sent their docs to CES in August and after !