+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

comparative advantages of different countries

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
Hello,
There are many countries to immigrate. But mainly Canada, Australia, New Zeland, and US are preferred destinations.

I want to know what is the speciality for each of these countries due to which the immigrants are attracted. Any idea of the differences due to which one is superior than the another.

Thanks,
haris

PARAMHAMS03

Dec 31, 2005
India
I do possess a limited knowledge on this based on my experience at Australia and what I understand about other countries that you have mentioned.Climatic conditions in Australia is definitely a plus factor in its favour over Newzealand,Canada and to some extent U.S.,but job opportunities are severely limited in both Australia and Newzealand in comparison to Canada and U.S. and educational opportunities in Australia and Newzealand pales in significance to that available in U.S mainly and Canada to some extent.The only significant disadvantage with respect to Canada as I see is that your existing qualifications are not recognised for jobs,though jobs are available in plenty,as I understand,as the local experience is insisted upon.Well,unless the Canadian Government does something seriously about this significant disadvantage that the highly accomplished immigrants are confronted with,it is bound to certainly inhibit many prospective immigrants from migrating to Canada. The other major advantage of migrating to Canada is that it opens a door to proceed to U.S seme day which otherwise is extremely difficult to get into unless one proceeds to go to U.S on student visa.

Further,in the points system Canadian immigration policies are certainly more liberal than Australian or Newzealand's as the Canadian Government is willing to accept immigrants upto the age of 50.On the other hand the Australian and Newzealand Governments make it difficult for people over the age of 35 to migrate.

Well, as far as the job front is considered,IT is an exception in all these countries as the IT professionals do manage to settled down more easily than the others.

harish

Dec 3, 2005
india
Thank you for the reply.

Hello Paramhams03

Thanks a lot for your reply, I am really glad to read it.

regards,
haris

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
I would say your question is basically unanswerable. What makes a country attractive to any one individual will vary by individual obviously. The countries you mention with the exception perhaps of NZ are so big that regional differences are huge. Culture even varies by region.

It might be better if you said what you are looking for in a country to emmigrate to and in specifics, not generalities.

usd

May 5, 2006
Tanga, Tanzania
considering countries to immigrate

Hello, i am a pharmacist and my husband is a mech. engineer though his current job is commercial director at a polypropylene woven bags manufacturing plant. We live in Tanga Tanzania but want to move because there isnt any social, medical or educational facilities here. Reading ur post really helped. we are considering australia and canada as our 2 options. any other advice on job prospects? :)

BCbound

Star Member
Jan 4, 2005
Make sure you know what will be required in order for your credentials to be recognized or what additional exams will have to be passed.