nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Friends and Asivad,

I have worked in a company for 2 years on Full time permanent basis with standard 40 hours per week. The firm's talent team is not in agreement to include my salary details on the Reference Letter even after repeated request.

However, I do have the Offer Letter, Salary Hike Addendum, 3 months Pay slip and Tax Assessment forms (Form 16). Would these be considered by CIC or is it a MUST to have the salary information on the letter?

Please let me know if anyone else faced a similar situation and their files have been accepted by CIC.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
nshakelly said:

I have worked in a company for 2 years on Full time permanent basis with standard 40 hours per week. The firm's talent team is not in agreement to include my salary details on the Reference Letter even after repeated request.

However, I do have the Offer Letter, Salary Hike Addendum, 3 months Pay slip and Tax Assessment forms (Form 16). Would these be considered by CIC or is it a MUST to have the salary information on the letter?

Please let me know if anyone else faced a similar situation and their files have been accepted by CIC.
I have also faced a similar situation. Since you have all the other documents which proves your pay, submit all of those a keep a LOE as to why salary is not mentioned in the letter. It should be fine if all other details are in the letter.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Stanlee.

Anyone else who faced the same situation?

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
nshakelly said:

As long as the reference letter say it is a paid job, salary information is not required, unless sometime if CIC has any doubt or wants to dig deeper, they sometimes insist on pay stubs (salary slips, tax, bank credits etc.)

sraj07

May 26, 2015
Hi ,

Many ppl will face this issue . Many companies will not put salary explicitly in these kind of letters . Because you can legally challenge them later with that as proof , so they wont mention salary .

Just Hike letter ,promotion , increment letters,pay slips - these are enough to prove your salary .

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have seen a trend with my PNP and Traditional PR application sent back and later approved purely because of human mistake by CIC.

1) My PNP file was returned twice claiming my Canadian MBA degree was not notarized. Although, I did notarize this. Later I had to visit the PNP office in person to explain and show the evidence.. This made my file delayed by 15 days.

2) MY traditional (paper) PR application got returned after 3 months mentioning forms like Additional Family Information and Schedule A are missing. Although the returned package had these forms included.

These are the reasons I am tensed. Although, my reference letter does not have the salary information for which I can provide the pay slips (last 3 months), Salary hike letter and Tax Assessment forms (Form 16). I am unsure whether the officer would actually review them carefully.

nshakelly

Nov 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone else who face the same situation??

varun22

May 26, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
AOR Received.
28-01-2016<br>Medicals Passed - 29-01-2016 <br>Ghost Mail - 31-01-2016
Passport Req..
22-06-2016
My company didn't provide a reference letter at all.
I got my manager to write my roles and responsibilities along with designations I held in the company from his official mail.
Along with this email copy signed by him, I also attached manager's business card, my offer letter, promotion letters, hike letters, salary slips and income tax returns.

I think I should be good with all this documentation.