+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company does not want to provide an experience letter

ahkin

May 20, 2018
Dear all, I am in a terrible situation. I have been working for a company who promised me a work/residency permit in the Gulf countries, and been working through visit visas only. No contract, no papers, nothing. Once they finished their project, all their fake promises of work permit has gone and when I asked for an experience letter they are refusing to give me any. I worked pretty hard for them for 2 years, even the friends i made in that company stopped talking to me. The only proof that I worked there is the 8 visa entries stamped on my passport. Without this certificate, I will have less that 1 year experience, as I graduated in 2013 working for a year then continued masters for one year (Left my masters due to financial problems) and came back to work for two years.

I honestly do not know what to do. Is there a law firm that can help or what can I do? Do not tell me to contact my company again, they are pretty corrupted and I only realized that after finishing their project.

fmk8890

Dec 10, 2017
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-05-2018
AOR Received.
04-05-2018
File Transfer...
08-08-2018
Med's Request
01-05-2018
Med's Done....
01-05-2018
Passport Req..
24-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2018
LANDED..........
11-11-2018
I understand that a lot of horrible employers in the Middle East promise steady positions & good money but don't deliver. However, for sake of your immigration, if you do not have a genuine reference letter & salary stubs (or contract, job letter, JD, etc) you will not be able to prove your work experience to the Visa Officers. It's a terrible situation, but I'd suggest you work somewhere else & fulfill the minimum 1 year experience required from a reputable place, instead, and meanwhile complete other important documents required, such as ECA and IELTS.

ahkin

May 20, 2018
I understand that a lot of horrible employers in the Middle East promise steady positions & good money but don't deliver. However, for sake of your immigration, if you do not have a genuine reference letter & salary stubs (or contract, job letter, JD, etc) you will not be able to prove your work experience to the Visa Officers. It's a terrible situation, but I'd suggest you work somewhere else & fulfill the minimum 1 year experience required from a reputable place, instead, and meanwhile complete other important documents required, such as ECA and IELTS.
Thank you a lot for answering me.
I have finished all the other required documents, only experience left me hanging. I do not think I will be able to work for one year more in order to provide an experience letter, it will be way too much waste of my time as I am a few months away from being 30. I have been waiting for this moment since my graduation date.