+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Company Ceased operations in 2009

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Friends,

The company I used to work for had ceased operations in 2009, so there is no way I can get a job duty letter from them. I have some prints of online news articles stating that the company got took over.

> Do I need to put in an Affidavit stating that the company is no longer operational?

> I have a colleague from the same company, now working elsewhere. Should I get the reference letter I can get from him Notarized?

Thanks in advance

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Affidavits are as good as Letters of Explanation [LOE]. They hold a legal value only in India and Canada doesn't care about them. Many would say they do, but they do not.

You and I are in a similar boat, so attach a letter of explanation which says why you were not able to get your reference letter. Upload your offer letter, pay stubs, if you have and relieving letter and mention in the LOE that the company now ceased its operations. If you any weblinks which point to that info, mention in that letter.

Since your company was acquired, you can still get a reference letter [all co.s keep a record, its mandatory] or at least a letter from the new company which states they acquired that company.