+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Commute in Toronto, ON.

jetsons

Star Member
Jan 31, 2018
Hi,

Post soft landing, I am planning to stay in Toronto area for a few days and do some sight seeing.
I wanted to check if it makes sense to rent a car or would it be a hassle and should I just use public transportation?

-Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Others can comment but if you just plan sight seeing major attractions downtown then sure public transportation would be fine. . If you want to do a tour of areas you might want to live outside of downtown then rent a car given the downtown attractions will still be there when you return eventually and with a car you will not be time constrained by travelling on public transportation.

Sure traffic can be a nightmare in some places but the car just gives you flexibility to get out to the suburbs something given the expanse of GTA not easy to achieve on public transport in a few days, or even at all really certainly not with a few days stay.

If staying downtown check out parking options near where you plan to stay and budget for parking charges, not an issue if staying out in the suburbs which would be my preference if were me.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsons