+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Communist Youth League of China ?!!! (Any Chinese Applicant Here?!!! SOS!!!!)

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Communist Youth League of China ?!!! (Any Chinese Applicant Here?!!! SOS!!!)

bellaluna said:
Just declare it is compulsory for Chinese nationals and that you did not actively participate in any manner nor do you subscribe to its beliefs.

There is your letter of explanation.

If you'd rather just not declare it, that's really up to you.
Well it's not compulsory, but more like EVERYBODY was doing it, and if you dont apply, you are under pressure from people around you to get in. I would say the majority of Chinese who went to high school in China is, or was a member of this Youth League

smallcoffee2milk

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yea I get it, even if you put it up and write LOE, you just aren't able to fully explain the situation here. The purpose of the youth league is to train up elite politicians for the future of China but they did it by first putting everybody in the pool and only picking up the 1% with true devotions. The rest 99% just don't do anything at all. No activity history, no registration history, nothing to show or proof that you're once in it cuz technically you don't have to do anything to be in,once you're in, you don't have to do anything again and they won't ask you to do anything also.

I would say unless you're part of the communist party of China which you definitely have put that one up or that 1% top elite, otherwise don't have to bother.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Communist Youth League of China ?!!! (Any Chinese Applicant Here?!!! SOS!!!)

wenfeizh said:
Well it's not compulsory, but more like EVERYBODY was doing it, and if you dont apply, you are under pressure from people around you to get in. I would say the majority of Chinese who went to high school in China is, or was a member of this Youth League
Well, it's the same for all communist countries. They always say those youth organizations are not mandatory, but your teachers and people around you will FORCE you to join the organizations no matter what. The youth organizations in Western/free countries are different than those in communist ones, so you can explain in the LoE that the Communist Youth Leauge is a mandatory one, same thing as the Hitler Youth in Nazi Germany.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
smallcoffee2milk said:
yea I get it, even if you put it up and write LOE, you just aren't able to fully explain the situation here. The purpose of the youth league is to train up elite politicians for the future of China but they did it by first putting everybody in the pool and only picking up the 1% with true devotions. The rest 99% just don't do anything at all. No activity history, no registration history, nothing to show or proof that you're once in it cuz technically you don't have to do anything to be in,once you're in, you don't have to do anything again and they won't ask you to do anything also.

I would say unless you're part of the communist party of China which you definitely have put that one up or that 1% top elite, otherwise don't have to bother.
I am not a communist party member. Just that frustratingly stupid Communist Youth League.

You had any experience with filling out this?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RamsayBolton said:
Well, it's the same for all communist countries. They always say those youth organizations are not mandatory, but your teachers and people around you will FORCE you to join the organizations no matter what. The youth organizations in Western/free countries are different than those in communist ones, so you can explain in the LoE that the Communist Youth Leauge is a mandatory one, same thing as the Hitler Youth in Nazi Germany.
how do you explain to the government that it's not mandatory, but really it's mandatory. I feel like the more you explain, the more concern you raise.

That's why I wonder if there's any Chinese applicant who actually has gone through the process and share what they did.

But thanks for your advice Ramsay :)

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

wenfeizh said:
how do you explain to the government that it's not mandatory, but really it's mandatory. I feel like the more you explain, the more concern you raise.

That's why I wonder if there's any Chinese applicant who actually has gone through the process and share what they did.

But thanks for your advice Ramsay :)
Well, I'm not Chinese, but I come from a communist country, and we have many similar organizations like yours as well. To be honest, many of my friends do not declare those organizations at all, for example, a typical student in my country usually be a member of at least two youth organizations: the Young Pioneers (for grade 1 - 9) and the Communist Youth (high school - university).

You can simply say that these organizations are the only official youth organizations that are recognized/ de facto by the one and only ruling Party in your country which is the Communist Party. Then quote this one directly from the China Communist Party:

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2012cpc/2012-11/12/content_15917217.htm

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RamsayBolton said:
Well, I'm not Chinese, but I come from a communist country, and we have many similar organizations like yours as well. To be honest, many of my friends do not declare those organizations at all, for example, a typical student in my country usually be a member of at least two youth organizations: the Young Pioneers (for grade 1 - 9) and the Communist Youth (high school - university).

You can simply say that these organizations are the only official youth organizations that are recognized/ de facto by the one and only ruling Party in your country which is the Communist Party. Then quote this one directly from the China Communist Party:

The actually sounds a lot like China!!!

but the thing is to be a member you usually need to pay a membership fee. God knows since when I have stopped doing that. So I dont even know if I am a member or not. And therefore it would be hard for me to say from when to when I am a member of this Youth League.

and if I need to write a LOE, do i need to notarize it?

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RamsayBolton said:

And you mention that many of you friends dont declare those organizations at all, as in they dont declare those organizations when applying for Canadian PR? Did they have any problems with their application then if they dont declare it?

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

wenfeizh said:
And you mention that many of you friends dont declare those organizations at all, as in they dont declare those organizations when applying for Canadian PR? Did they have any problems with their application then if they dont declare it?
They didn't have any issue at all. IMO, IRCC just wants to make sure you didn't participate in some radical religious groups or controversial groups like Neo-Nazi, Scientology and such. Those silly and useless Youth groups in the communist countries shouldn't do any harm at all.

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RamsayBolton said:
They didn't have any issue at all. IMO, IRCC just wants to make sure you didn't participate in some radical religious groups or controversial groups like Neo-Nazi, Scientology and such. Those silly and useless Youth groups in the communist countries shouldn't do any harm at all.
So maybe I dont have to claim it??? :'(

wenfeizh

Feb 10, 2016
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

RamsayBolton said:
So they have got their PR already? Is it under Express Entry as well? CEC or FSW? Just want to make sure they are in a similar application category like me.

I am applying for EE under CEC (inland)

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey,

I'm also an applicant from China (Inland FSW). I did not mention I was a Communist Youth League when I submit my application, because I saw that the personal history was only required for the time after 18 or last 10 years. In my situation, I quit Communist Youth League before I was 18, since I didn't pay the membership fees for a long time and therefore triggered the auto-exit conditions.

Later when CIC requested me to submit a schedule 4, I did admit that I was a member of Communist Youth League. I also mentioned the time that I exit Communist Youth League in Schedule 4.

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016

If you write your letter in English, there will no need to notarize it.

wenfeizh said:
The actually sounds a lot like China!!!

but the thing is to be a member you usually need to pay a membership fee. God knows since when I have stopped doing that. So I dont even know if I am a member or not. And therefore it would be hard for me to say from when to when I am a member of this Youth League.

and if I need to write a LOE, do i need to notarize it?

snake3276120

Star Member
Mar 17, 2016
Mississauga, ON
Category........
NOC Code......
2133/2173
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-09-2016
Damn,

I'm Chinese, and I almost forgot I was also one of the youth league until I saw your post.

I remember if you don't pay for the fee for how many months, you are treated as resigned. I didn't read through your post, but do ask your question on YorkBBS, people should have more experience there dealing with the Chinese cases.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

wenfeizh said:
So they have got their PR already? Is it under Express Entry as well? CEC or FSW? Just want to make sure they are in a similar application category like me.

I am applying for EE under CEC (inland)
They applied under CEC. However, did you put those Orgs in any of your previous documents? like visitor visa or study permit?