+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CommonLaw Outside - some general questions - please help

nicmambo

Mar 25, 2017
Hello I hope to get some answer to fill out our Application.

1. My partner is Canadian and want to sponsor me. We have a canadian son together.
I had to leave Canada bcs my Visa expired and we decided to apply for PR outside.
So, last year he didnt worked as he travelled often to my country to visit us. Is that gonna be a problem?
Because his T4 wont show any income... Does he have to add his T4 from last year 2016 in the application?

2. At the moment he has only temporary jobs. But it looks like he will get a permament one soon.
As he dont have much savings is that gonna be a problem?
--- I have a stable income so far and enough savings... Also my tax recod looks good. But its not Canadian...
Would that help to show that we wont depent on financial help...?
I am also well educated and have a bachelor degree in social work, so I guess I would easily a job when I get the PR.

3. If we start the application, how we have to do that? As he is in Canada and I am in Europe... Do I have to fill out my part on the computer, print it
and send it to him by mail and he sends all together to the office? Do I have to add the medical exam right away or wait until they ask for it?

This for now. Hope I get some answer... As some of you already made some experiences in it ;D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Do you have solid proof that the two of you lived together (anywhere in the world) for at least 365 days? The fact that you are not living together (now) should not be a problem, if you have proof that you have met the one year requirement of cohabiting to be deemed Common-Law and that the relationship is still ongoing.

Good luck!

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Get married?

nicmambo

Mar 25, 2017
Yes we lived together for more then one year and we can proof it. Of course we can also proof that we have an ongoing relationship....and we have a son. All this requierments its not a problem.
I am asking about different things. Would you mind to read my questions again... i am looking for answers for this questions. Thank you so much :D

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nicmambo said:
Yes we lived together for more then one year and we can proof it. Of course we can also proof that we have an ongoing relationship....and we have a son. All this requierments its not a problem.
I am asking about different things. Would you mind to read my questions again... i am looking for answers for this questions. Thank you so much :D
Just wanted to make sure you understood that a minimum of one year of cohabiting is the fundamental requirement to even apply for common-law sponsorship.

To answer your questions:

1. No, because there is no income requirements to sponsor a spouse, conjugal or common-law partner.

2. Absolutely. Feel free to include this information with the sponsorship package.

3. Yes, complete your forms, sign them ( where applicable) and send them, along with your required documents, per the checklist, to him. He will submit everything (your forms, his forms, along with required documents AND evidence of your relationship) in one large envelope, parcel, box, whatever it takes. LOL! ;) Having the medical upfront is still strongly advised...unless things have changed within the last few months.

Good luck!

nicmambo

Mar 25, 2017
But on the form its required to fill out about the contract and the paystub and the t4. What should fill out on that part?
How cam he submit? Bcs i will fill it out and submit...

nicmambo

Mar 25, 2017
Did anybody just recently this application form from outside canada and tell me step by step how they did it? That would be awesome ;D