+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COMMON-LAW SPONSORSHIP APPLICATION- Need some advise pls..

pps

Jun 1, 2010
Hi Everyone,

I need your help please.. If you have any information, experience the same thing or ideas please advise me or share your knowledge about the situation please..

I have an application under the common-law sponsorship under skilled category. We had an application for 2months and 2weeks now. I just received a letter today saying that my application was transferred at canada place in edmonton. I dont have any idea why it happened.. Is there gonna be a problem with my application? Or what is the reasons sometimes they forwarded it at the Canada Place? Are they going to conduct interview? Please help me enlighten my mind and knows the truth or reason why they were transferring applications/files from vegreville to canada place in edmonton..

Thank You for anyone who will give me ideas and advises..

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
I am assuming you have applied Inland.

Unfortunately, the fact they have transferred your file to a local office means that they need more information about your common law relationship. An interview will be requested and questions asked. I am not sure of the time line for the Edmonton office but it can take quite a while if there is a back log.

Be prepared and start gathering everything and anything that will prove that your relationship is genuine. Photos, life insurance in each others name, bank accounts, leases, utility bills, letters from friends etc.

Make sure you and your partner are on the same page, that you each know the intimate details of each others lives.

Good luck

pps

Jun 1, 2010
hi angelbrat,

thank you so much for the replied. i also have another question maybe you might have an idea.. i have relatives here in canada do you think they can sposor me here? is it still applicable? thanks..