+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law Sponsor wants to quit job before approval- Advice please

ginko

May 1, 2017
After living with my partner for a year, we sent off my Inland Common Law Sponsorship PR Application in mid-October. We've received no word from CIC about it yet but it has been received as I sent it via courier.

My partner is struggling heavily with work and wants to quit. I won't go into the details but I don't think he will be able to stay at this job for the length of time it will take to process my application.

Will my application be declined if he quits? If he quits, I don't see him getting a different job soon after. I do have a fair amount of savings to support myself and have also applied for an OWP so hope to work once that is approved.

Also in order to inform CIC of a change in circumstances, will I need to wait until my application has a number & can be linked online?

Thank you for reading.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
After living with my partner for a year, we sent off my Inland Common Law Sponsorship PR Application in mid-October. We've received no word from CIC about it yet but it has been received as I sent it via courier.

My partner is struggling heavily with work and wants to quit. I won't go into the details but I don't think he will be able to stay at this job for the length of time it will take to process my application.

Will my application be declined if he quits? If he quits, I don't see him getting a different job soon after. I do have a fair amount of savings to support myself and have also applied for an OWP so hope to work once that is approved.

Also in order to inform CIC of a change in circumstances, will I need to wait until my application has a number & can be linked online?

Thank you for reading.
No it won't impact the application, nor do you need to inform IRCC about it. If he were to go on welfare, that would be a problem...