+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common law Questions

lifesciences

May 25, 2010
We sent our application apr 2 and just got the letter yesterday that it has been processed and sent in to buffalo...
so the wait begins......
we did provide evidence of common law ... proof of relationship, letters from friends and pictures and trips in the last 3 years.
wondering if its sufficient ? also what percentage of common law gets rejected ?

I

iarblue

It looks like you did exactly what you should have.And as for the percentage i have never seen a post anywhere that could tell us that.But if you were in a common law for 3 years they may ask for an interview as to why you are not married but thats not for certain.
Good luck in your process.

lifesciences

May 25, 2010
Thanks you IarBlue for your answer.
so, Is interview mandatory or they might waive it ?
also we just got my police certificates last week and so we sent them in to CPC M
not buffalo
will they be tranferred to buffalo ?

I

iarblue

As for your police clearance,if you put you client number on it they should send it to Buffalo but that i cant tell you others said they have sent things and it has never got to their file.Did Buffalo send you a letter yet with the B file number if so then you could sent copies to Buffalo stating you sent the originals to Mississauga.
And interviews are not always mandatory,they can be waived yes.And im not sure about Buffalo and how they handle their interviews but the more convincing your proof i the less likely of an interview but again its totally their call.(sometimes i think they just do random ones too).

lifesciences

May 25, 2010
Thanks Iar Blue

No we have not received any communication from Buffalo but we did put the IMM receipt number on the mail sent to CPC M.
the letter from CPC M states that our file has been sent to Buffalo on 18 may. Nothing about anything missing like the police certificates

I

iarblue

Yeah dont worry if Buffalo cant find them they will surely let you know.lol But if they do send you mail with that B number you can then send coies and state the originals were sent to Mississauga just incase they never make it to buffalo,as they expire in three months once buffalo has them it will be fine but if mississauga sends them late after they find and record them it may be too late and buffalo may require new ones.

lifesciences

May 25, 2010
Last Question Iarblue ... lol
My visa in US is F1 and it expires at the end of july.
would i be able to get in to canada while my application is being processed ?
what are my options ?

I

iarblue

What is your home country? Do you need to apply for a visa for canada, or are you exempt?And if your exempt and coming from the US, i would go to the border and be totally honest with them, tell them you want to come in ,and wait out the process of your PR with your spouse.and tell them you understand that when it gets close to the 6 month mark you are aware you have to apply for an extension .Tell them you understand that if the extension is refused that you will have to leave and go back home to wait out the process,but chances are if they give you the 6 month visa and your in canada waiting for the PR, its a good chance you will get an extension,bring a copy of the app with you plus confirmation that the process has started.Like the letter from immigration the recipt you paid with.
And if you are not visa exempt you will need to apply for a visa the app can be found on the website under visiting.

lifesciences

May 25, 2010
hello Iarblue
I am from India and not visa exempt so i would need to apply for a TRV but I have heard that I should rather wait it out here and should not apply for a TRV while my application being processed ?