+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

common law partner

xplore_me

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
My girlfriend got her MPNP but during her application it was not 1year of us living together. Now on federal process we want to do common law partner thing. Is is possible to do now? What are the things we both need to show? I have been working full time, as i am out of province graduate, will be 1year and eligible for mpnp but doesnot wanna waste time if we can do it by common law. Plz guys can you drop some suggestions.

xplore_me

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
is your name in her mpnp application different your name today.........did you change your name ?
No, the thing is during her mpnp application she didnot do for common law as it was not 1 year of together living, but now it is. So wondering she got her mpnp and it is now 1yr so can she include me as common law on her federal process

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
if in her her mpnp application her marital status was single.......between when the mpnp application was approved and today, did both of you lived as common-law for up to 12months ?

xplore_me

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
if in her her mpnp application her marital status was single.......between when the mpnp application was approved and today, did both of you lived as common-law for up to 12months ?
yeah that's the case. before her approval it's been 1year.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
when her MPNP was approved assuming in May 2017 her marital status was SINGLE........from June 2017 to June 2018 if both of your lived as common-law partner, then she is okay to include you as common-law partner......but you need to provide proof of living together as common-law for 12 months.

Don't complicate her application by referencing any relationship before her MPNP was approved as she indicated been SINGLE.....

Good Luck

xplore_me

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
when her MPNP was approved assuming in May 2017 her marital status was SINGLE........from June 2017 to June 2018 if both of your lived as common-law partner, then she is okay to include you as common-law partner......but you need to provide proof of living together as common-law.

Don't complicate her application by referencing any relationship before her MPNP was approved as she indicated been SINGLE.....

Good Luck
ohh!! Her MPNP was approved June 14 2018 and we are together since June 6 2017. What do you say in this case? Thanks for response.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Between June 6 2017 and June 14 2018......its 12months which is enough for common-law but am not sure how this will work out if she apply for Federal as common-law.......not sure how MPNP marital status will affect Federal.

Hope others in this site and forum.....could help provide more clarity on your case.

xplore_me

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Between June 6 2017 and June 14 2018......its 12months which is enough for common-law but am not sure how this will work out if she apply for Federal as common-law.......not sure how MPNP marital status will affect Federal.

Hope others in this site and forum.....could help provide more clarity on your case.
Thanks for your reply though. I appreciate it.