+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common-Law Partner - Letter of Explanation

josejbracho

Jun 23, 2015
Venezuela
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

First I would like to thank you for all the support given here, this is an amazing tool to look for advices and information.

I come here today with a query I hope you can help me with:

I've been asked to provide a letter explaining why my common-law partner is not accompanying me to Canada at the moment. I've included her in my application since we've been living together for 2 years and been a couple for almost 5 years now, but she still wants to get a bit more of work experience and English proficiency before moving to Canada; and I would also like to settle down first in order to make things easier for the both of us once we decide to move there together. I am planing to sponsor her after I've received my residency and she's ready to come along, this is definitely our ultimate goal since our home country is really short on possibilities for us.

Now my question is: Should I mention in this letter our future plans? Should I mention that I plan to be her sponsor in the future? Is there anything else I should say or not say if it were the case?

I appreciate all your comments and help if you've been in a similar situation. Thank you all again.