Common Law or Express Entry?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
After speaking with my partner about this again, we are worried that if I go for EE and I'm refused then that jeopardizes applying for sponsorship.

Can we apply for sponsorship now, and then apply for EE in 4 months when I've worked at my job for a year?
A refused EE app will not affect a sponsorship app and vice versa.

You can apply for both but you will be required to pay the fees for both. Depending on where you are in each process when you get an approval on one, you may not get a refund from the other. Also note that EE requires you pay for language testing and having your foreign education assessed. Sponsorship doesn't require any of that.

You should look at the London thread in the Family Class section of the forum, as there is a good spreadsheet of timelines. Last time I looked, London averaged about 8 months.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
My Gf has 445 points for now (2 years work exp in Canada NOC B, CAD Degree)
I have 431 points but I will get 456 in May, 2019

Should we apply individually in EE profile? (Pick Not accompany this person) or we should do it together?

Which one is easier and faster? Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My Gf has 445 points for now (2 years work exp in Canada NOC B, CAD Degree)
I have 431 points but I will get 456 in May, 2019

Should we apply individually in EE profile? (Pick Not accompany this person) or we should do it together?

Which one is easier and faster? Thanks
Assuming you are common-law, even if you each apply individually, you must still both fully declare the other in your app and include the partner's forms, medical, PCCs etc. Easier to just pick one and apply together.