+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law CSQ request (Quebec)

annabusdra

Jan 9, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am applying for inland common law sponsorship and received the request from the federal government to send documents/CSQ to the MIDI in Quebec. I focused so much on getting ready for the application to be sent in Mississauga that I am now totally unprepared for the Quebec one.
I have looked at the requested documents (I understand we need kit A) and have a couple of question:

1. - Does my sponsor need to submit the financial evaluation form? I think he does but on the checklist it seems it's optional. He is in good standing with banks, very high salary, no financial problems.
2. - Does MIDI have specific mail box to receive those forms or do i have to send them to the general one?
3. - I understand I have a deadline of 30 days to submit the documents. Is this affecting my Open Work Permit processing time?

Thanks!

mit90

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am applying for inland common law sponsorship and received the request from the federal government to send documents/CSQ to the MIDI in Quebec. I focused so much on getting ready for the application to be sent in Mississauga that I am now totally unprepared for the Quebec one.
I have looked at the requested documents (I understand we need kit A) and have a couple of question:

1. - Does my sponsor need to submit the financial evaluation form? I think he does but on the checklist it seems it's optional. He is in good standing with banks, very high salary, no financial problems.
2. - Does MIDI have specific mail box to receive those forms or do i have to send them to the general one?
3. - I understand I have a deadline of 30 days to submit the documents. Is this affecting my Open Work Permit processing time?

Thanks!
hi there
i just submitted the csq documents.
1- no need for financial evaluation form if you are sponsoring your spouse . the financial form is required if you are sponsoring a child or family member (father,mother etc)
2- send your documents via mail to the address mentioned in the application: its the one bellow

"Direction de l'enregistrement et de l'évaluation comparative Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
285, rue Notre-Dame Ouest, 4e étage Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1T8
CANADA"
3-that i am not sure , but i believe that the "CSQ" application should have been submitted once your sponsor got the email that she/he is eligible of sponsoring. so by then the csq will be sent to you and it would be ready for submission once requested (within 30 days) after you get that email at a later stage

mit90

Nov 23, 2018
Hi everyone,

Thanks!
lol i just noticed that the date is in 2018 anyhow im not sure how helpful my reply is . but maybe for the people who are facing the same case.

if you can also post what happened , it would be helpful for anyone else.