+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Common Law CEC Application, May

deaney

Jun 16, 2014
Hey Team!

So, I applied in may and at the time I wasnt common law until September. In september my girlfriend (British Citizen living in Canada with me, no PR) and I had a commissioner of oaths fill out all the relevant paperwork, we sent through all of our evidence and forms and I wrote a letter of explanation explaining that:

* My girlfriend is due to apply (she applied 11th October)
* We are filing separate applications due to the fact that we (at the time) were not common law.
* We became common law on 1st September 2014
* I would like my application to be reviewed separately

Today I received medical requests for us both (WHICH IS GREAT NEWS!).

But just to confirm, has my common law girlfriend been included in my application? seen as they have requested both of our medicals?

She's yet to receive her AOR but they have taken payment - should she withdraw her application for CEC?

Thanks!

maxloner

Star Member
Jul 29, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2014
Doc's Request.
-N/A-
Nomination.....
-N/A-
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
IELTS Request
01-10-2013
File Transfer...
-N/A-
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-12-2013
Interview........
waiting....
Passport Req..
waiting....
VISA ISSUED...
waiting....
LANDED..........
waiting....
Since they have charged your partner already, would suggest to keep her application going till you get fully settled with yours. Once you guiys are through with your application you can withdraw your partner's

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
deaney said:
Hey Team!

So, I applied in may and at the time I wasnt common law until September. In september my girlfriend (British Citizen living in Canada with me, no PR) and I had a commissioner of oaths fill out all the relevant paperwork, we sent through all of our evidence and forms and I wrote a letter of explanation explaining that:

* My girlfriend is due to apply (she applied 11th October)
* We are filing separate applications due to the fact that we (at the time) were not common law.
* We became common law on 1st September 2014
* I would like my application to be reviewed separately

Today I received medical requests for us both (WHICH IS GREAT NEWS!).

But just to confirm, has my common law girlfriend been included in my application? seen as they have requested both of our medicals?

She's yet to receive her AOR but they have taken payment - should she withdraw her application for CEC?
You need to call CIC...