+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

coming with spouse

golsin

Apr 25, 2013
Hello,
my husband did immigrate to canada as skilled worker 4 years ago with his ex wife. We are newly married and he wants to be my sponsor.
What he wasn't sure about (becuase his immigration forms had been done through a lawyer) is if he did sponsor his ex wife at that time or when you are accepted to canada, your spouse, who's accompaning you, grants PR automatically?
Thank you for your help in advance, I need the info in order to fill my forms correctly in!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

golsin said:
Hello,
my husband did immigrate to canada as skilled worker 4 years ago with his ex wife. We are newly married and he wants to be my sponsor.
What he wasn't sure about (becuase his immigration forms had been done through a lawyer) is if he did sponsor his ex wife at that time or when you are accepted to canada, your spouse, who's accompaning you, grants PR automatically?
Thank you for your help in advance, I need the info in order to fill my forms correctly in!
1. If he applied as a skilled worker, his wife accompanied him as a dependent she wasn't sponsored.