+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming to Canada during COVID times with COPR

ytagger

Dec 1, 2018
Hi,

On this website: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist
I see this nice tool that walks you through some questions and tells you if you can or cannot enter Canada (Need to press the green button).

After I selected:
  1. I’m a foreign national.
  2. I do not have COVID-19 symptoms.
  3. I plan to enter from the US (connecting flight).
  4. I’m an approved permanent resident (who has not yet arrived in Canada) - (My COPR is from after March 18th 2020 although that's not in the questions).

I got a message saying that I'm most likely to be allowed into Canada. Has anyone traveled recently under the same conditions as mentioned above? Were you able to enter the country or not?
Notice that if you do not travel through the US, then it says you won't be allowed into Canada.

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,

On this website: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/flying-canada-checklist
I see this nice tool that walks you through some questions and tells you if you can or cannot enter Canada (Need to press the green button).

After I selected:
  4. I’m an approved permanent resident (who has not yet arrived in Canada) - (My COPR is from after March 18th 2020 although that's not in the questions).

I got a message saying that I'm most likely to be allowed into Canada. Has anyone traveled recently under the same conditions as mentioned above? Were you able to enter the country or not?
Notice that if you do not travel through the US, then it says you won't be allowed into Canada.

Thanks
As long as you have a valid US visa, then I believe this is possible.

rdskhalsa

Nov 11, 2017
I am also planning to travel via the US (B1/B2) and enter into Canada in mid april.

@scyll- Do you know someone who was able to successfully enter this way?

@ytagge- When are you planning on travelling?

thanks in advance!

HarrisRyans

Mar 1, 2021
Hi,

After I selected:

Thanks
Most common questions about travel to Canada during COVID-19 At this time, Canada has not made any special measures or exemptions for individuals who have a country other than the United States and were approved for their COPR before 12pm EDT on March 18, is going to expire and I can't travel to Canada.

ytagger

Dec 1, 2018
Most common questions about travel to Canada during COVID-19 At this time, Canada has not made any special measures or exemptions for individuals who have a country other than the United States and were approved for their COPR before 12pm EDT on March 18, is going to expire and I can't travel to Canada.
Yes they have. Look at the link I posted.

HarrisRyans

Mar 1, 2021
MyGreatLakes
Thanks for sharing.I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and hopeful that you will write many more posts like this one.

bhisham

Star Member
Sep 4, 2011
Dear All,

Need some information on applying the Work permit for Canada from India. i have positive LMIA & real Job offer. can i apply myself? or need to go via some consultant? i want to do it myself so i was checking the CIC site and i can apply online but need some information on education documents.

Do i need my latest education transcript? or not simple Mark sheet and degree which i got from college/university would be fine
as per IMM5905E document checklist for India below is written for proof of education & work experience.

anybody can advise?

For all Work Permit applications:
Evidence that you meet the requirements of the job offered:  Proof of Education: Certificate, Diploma or Degrees including mark sheets;
Proof of work experience: Copies of appointment letters and relieving letters from your current and previous employers, copies of salary slips and form 16; bank statements. Letters of reference must outline the duration and specific nature of your employment, including your exact duties on the job. Note: Contact name, address and phone numbers should be provided.