+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming from US, Apply for work permit at poe

daytripper

Aug 19, 2020

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
You cannot apply for a work permit at a Canadian port of entry during this time unless you meet these 3 conditions:

daytripper

Aug 19, 2020
You cannot apply for a work permit at a Canadian port of entry during this time unless you meet these 3 conditions:

Thanks! I currently meet all these requirements but wanted to see if anyone had a successful experience.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
I was going to post this same question. My spouse and I have a pending PR application that has been delayed due to Covid. Because he’s a U.S citizen living in the U.S, I thought he could apply at a port of entry for a work permit. I called border services at least 10 times over the span of a week and got a few different answers on whether or not he could apply for one at the border currently. But when I spoke to senior agents they both said he could as long as he has a valid job offer. He’ll be applying for jobs over the next week. Let’s keep each other updated on our experiences!

daytripper

Aug 19, 2020
I was going to post this same question. My spouse and I have a pending PR application that has been delayed due to Covid. Because he’s a U.S citizen living in the U.S, I thought he could apply at a port of entry for a work permit. I called border services at least 10 times over the span of a week and got a few different answers on whether or not he could apply for one at the border currently. But when I spoke to senior agents they both said he could as long as he has a valid job offer. He’ll be applying for jobs over the next week. Let’s keep each other updated on our experiences!
Good luck to your family. I plan on crossing the border early October, will update.

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
WHen cic website say you are entering canada from united states, are they referring only to US Citizens & green holder rite ? Not people in US working on Visa ?

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
But even you are entering from US to Canada, since you are not a US citizen or GC holder do you still need Canada work permit & Visa (Both) rite ? Not just offer letter or WP alone ?

daytripper

Aug 19, 2020