+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Coming back to Canada - Please please please help

ND15

Oct 11, 2010
Hi All,

Could anyone please help me??

We (me and my wife) have PR for canada and we got our PR card back in december 2010 which is valid for 5 years.

we left canada on 9th January 2011 to go back to UK

now we want to come back to canada for good.

Will there be any immigration problem , restriction or issues for us?

will canadian immigration law will restrict us to enter canada?

I got PR on skilled worker basis.

any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You will not have a problem. As a PR, you must stay in Canada 730 days in your first 5 years as a PR. You still have time to do that before your first 5 years are up.

ND15

Oct 11, 2010
Hi Leon,

thanks for your help, much appreciated.

one more silly thing,

will there be any specific inquiry by immigration people on why we didnt stay in canada in last two years?

thanks,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they ask, you tell them why. Simple as that. They may advise you that you must spend 2 years (730 days) in Canada in your first 5 years but you still have 3 years to do that.

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
best advice listen there lecture just answer as much as they are asking.
anyways they can not decide on your immigration or pr status but still they might give you a lecture so listen it. and once you are in, which definitely you will be. complete 730 days and then apply for renewal best of luck

pk2000

Feb 7, 2012
Same situation as you are In. I came to Canada in Dec 2010 & left in Jan 2011 to UK. So after 2 & half years I landed again to Canada on 11th sept & immigration officer asked lots of questions.

1. why you were away for 2+ years
2. As i got married & my wife is still in Uk why she didn't came with me
Lot of others silly questions......

At the end he told me that you can In but he feed everything in the computer so next time when i will come back to Canada then immigration officer can see it.

So you will be fine but be prepare to answer some silly questions ....

farid-

Apr 19, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
see i told you to listen the lecture, they feed something as a reference i don't know how long it can stay on your record but they have no right to decide on you pr status it's not their job. that i am 100percent sure but as usual can be rude to you can ask silly question so just be mentally prepared for that treatment.

ND15

Oct 11, 2010
Hi Guys,

Thanks all for your help and advice,

now i have one more question below, please please please help.

Me and my wife both are permanent residence of Canada since 24th September 2010.

But due to some family issues we are staying in UK, since 22 Februare 2011.

We are expecting our first baby here in UK in May, and then after we all want to go back to canada.

I tried to get the information from the CIC UK about the process for getting PR for my due baby (of course it can be done only after the birth).

But they advice me that I cant take my baby with me as he/she will have british passport.

My baby will be able to be in UK for only 6 months without any visa as he/she will have british passport, but we really want to settle back in canada,

what should i do to get PR for my baby after the birth?

we want to come back to canada in month of september 2013.

Please please please help on this as i really dont know what to do.

Thanks.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can take your baby with you to Canada. Your baby will be on visitor status with the UK passport so as soon as you have arrived in Canada, you need to apply to sponsor your baby for PR.