+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Combining jobs And issue with noc duties

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone,

Say I nominated an occupation with a certain NOC and one of my part time jobs meets most of the duties as required for the fsw programme except for the fte hours required. In that same job, I was borrowed by a government body in my home country (because I was a staff in the organisation I work for in my closest matched noc). However for this assignment I was paid by the borrower not by my organisation plus the duties during my assignment matched only one of the dutie for my noc but adds quite a few hours to my work experience. My question is would adding the assignment in my work experience be an issue with cic because only one duty was carried out ?

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
I read through your post and can't really understand it.

Perhaps try and explain again

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi one topsy. So I'll try to express myself in a clearer fashion.

Say I nominate occupation X which has 5 duties listed in NOC. I am employed as X and as part of my work, I carry out duties 1 to 4 but not 5. As a staff member in my nominated NOC in organisation O1, I was borrowed by another organisation O2 from O1 to carry out duty 5 only, not 1 to 4. Organisation O2 also paid me for my work.

Now, CIC says when you nominate an occupation, one needs to carry out all or most essential duties for that NOC. My question therefore is, despite the fact my work in organisation O2 consisted of only 1 duty, can I still combine the hours spent on duty 5 with my employment from my job in organisation O1?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnmunch said:

Say I nominate occupation X which has 5 duties listed in NOC. I am employed as X and as part of my work, I carry out duties 1 to 4 but not 5. As a staff member in my nominated NOC in organisation O1, I was borrowed by another organisation O2 from O1 to carry out duty 5 only, not 1 to 4. Organisation O2 also paid me for my work.

Now, CIC says when you nominate an occupation, one needs to carry out all or most essential duties for that NOC. My question therefore is, despite the fact my work in organisation O2 consisted of only 1 duty, can I still combine the hours spent on duty 5 with my employment from my job in organisation O1?
Recommend not doing that.

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
johnmunch said:

CIC only cares about what it said on your job offer, not what you do as they cannot prove it.

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Asivad Anac,

but would you mind explaining to me why? I do not mean to offend your input, just curious

johnmunch

Nov 12, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks the pilot,

but I don't understand. It is because of position in the organisation that I was borrowed to carry out an additionnal duty, in my capacity as working in my nominated NOC. My reference letter will state that so I do not understand where lies the issue.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
johnmunch said:
Thanks Asivad Anac,

but would you mind explaining to me why? I do not mean to offend your input, just curious
If your work reference letter from O1 includes information about this arrangement with O2, you won't be able to claim the same NOC as your duties will not correspond with most of the duties of that NOC.

If your work reference letter from O1 doesn't mention this information at all, you would be able to choose that NOC for the entirety of your experience by making it appear that your entire experience was with O1 and O2 wouldn't feature in your application at all. By doing this, you'll be actively concealing relevant information from IRCC which isn't the greatest idea. Your call though.

All the best!