+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Combined foreign work experience (CEC)

jsommerg

May 1, 2019
Hi folks,

I intend to apply under CEC but I need the points from my foreign work experience. I think I have 1 year in the past 10 years, in a cumulative way and under different NOCs... do you think this would be ok?

- 4 months full time, NOC B
- 1 month full time, NOC B
- 4 months part time of paid internship (not mandatory for the conclusion of my bachelor) - NOC B
- 1 year part time as a Teacher Assistant in University (I think it’s NOC A)

I also did some months of freelance work, but I think it would be harder to prove it (no contracts or paystubs).

Any help is appreciated!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi folks,

I intend to apply under CEC but I need the points from my foreign work experience. I think I have 1 year in the past 10 years, in a cumulative way and under different NOCs... do you think this would be ok?

- 4 months full time, NOC B
- 1 month full time, NOC B
- 4 months part time of paid internship (not mandatory for the conclusion of my bachelor) - NOC B
- 1 year part time as a Teacher Assistant in University (I think it’s NOC A)

I also did some months of freelance work, but I think it would be harder to prove it (no contracts or paystubs).

Any help is appreciated!

That is for full-time employment. it is more useful to count in weeks (than months) for an accurate calculation (52 weeks = 1 year). You need to use exact dates start and end dates and literally get out a calendar and count complete weeks.

For part-time work (fewer than 30 hours per week), you need to add up hours and divide by 30 to get the full-time equivalent (FTE) number of weeks. If you are counting hours, you can count a maximum of 30 hours per week. If you have any weeks that are more than 30 hours, you can only count 30 hours because it is now "full time".

Add up the number of full time and FTE weeks - if you have 52 or more, you have met the 1 year requirement.