+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colour Photocopies of Passports

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Hello
I am gathering my documents to apply for the Citizenship, I have a question. In the checklist there is a point where is asking me for Colour Photocopies of ALL PAGES of my passport, that means ALL??? My passport has 32 pages, CIC needs all the 32? or only the pages with seals, stamps, or info text?
Thanks.

"Step 3 – Gather your documents

Submit the following documents with your application:

• the original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
  • colour photocopy of all pages (valid or expired) of your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
    • If you do not have these documents or there is missing time between the validity dates of the travel documents, provide an explanation in question 14 on the application form."

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello
I am gathering my documents to apply for the Citizenship, I have a question. In the checklist there is a point where is asking me for Colour Photocopies of ALL PAGES of my passport, that means ALL??? My passport has 32 pages, CIC needs all the 32? or only the pages with seals, stamps, or info text?
Thanks.

"Step 3 – Gather your documents

Submit the following documents with your application:
  • the original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407 (PDF, 1.8 MB)
  • colour photocopy of all pages (valid or expired) of your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your (5) year eligibility period, including the biographical page which includes: name, photo, date and place of birth, passport/travel document number, issue date and expiration date.
    • If you do not have these documents or there is missing time between the validity dates of the travel documents, provide an explanation in question 14 on the application form."
All pages = All pages (including the empty pages of the passport).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Seems excessive, especially if you need to translate non-english pages/stamps.
Well, there is a process already in place where you might be requested all the pages of the passport as a part of or in lieu of the citizenship interview (not everyone gets an interview, BTW). Now, they are standardizing the process by requesting everyone to provide copies of all the pages of the passport so that they don't have to ask people again in the midst of the process.

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
Well, there is a process already in place where you might be requested all the pages of the passport as a part of or in lieu of the citizenship interview (not everyone gets an interview, BTW). Now, they are standardizing the process by requesting everyone to provide copies of all the pages of the passport so that they don't have to ask people again in the midst of the process.

But the passport should be translated??? Is the first time that hear something like that, In the past I submit passport copies in original language, for my study visa and permanent residence.

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
But the passport should be translated??? Is the first time that hear something like that, In the past I submit passport copies in original language, for my study visa and permanent residence.
I’m not sure about student visas, but for PR applications, you were only asked to submit the passport’s bio page(s). Since they’re asking for all pages in the citizenship application, it would make sense to translate foreign text that doesn’t have an English translation next to it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Any document/Visa/Stamp that is not in English or French should be accompanied by a certified translation.

jfalvitez4

Aug 7, 2017
What about if my passport is in Bi-Language format (spanish-english) , for example says: "Nombres - Given Names" , " Nacionalidad - Nationality", "Expedido en - Issued in" That should be ok? no translation needed? However I have a couple of stamps in spanish only.

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about if my passport is in Bi-Language format (spanish-english) , for example says: "Nombres - Given Names" , " Nacionalidad - Nationality", "Expedido en - Issued in" That should be ok? no translation needed? However I have a couple of stamps in spanish only.
U need to have all non English/French stamps translated.

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
19-04-2021
Med's Done....
19-04-2021
LANDED..........
21-04-2021
Hi everyone
I am August 2023 applicant test passed october 2023 and BG cleared i was invited to interview on 7th march 2024. where all my documents were checked and in the last there were few stamps non english and was issued a letter requesting full passport scan and translation. My super recommendation if you have non english stamps or visas do translate it if you going for interview or if they asking passport scan do included that.
only my language is passed and presence and prohibation is under process.

Reactions: Alalac