Colombo Sri Lanka | Spouse Sponsor Processing Time

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
djaya said:
My husband got this request plus National ID last week. Hopefully we will hear something from them soon, once this information is received by CIC.
I think they ask for SLK ID when the sponsor submits the application CIC (country specific form). Perhaps you forgot to submit it, so they are now asking. It is a good sign, it means they started to review the application. Good luck.

123jukid

Apr 2, 2016
djaya said:
My husband got this request plus National ID last week. Hopefully we will hear something from them soon, once this information is received by CIC.
when did you apply..? I am a 2015 Oct applicant and got additional doc request in Jan 2016, since then it is silence.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec-2012 Refused 2014- Reopened Jan 2016
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
MoudiCanada said:
I think they ask for SLK ID when the sponsor submit the application CIC (country specific form). Perhaps you forgot to submit it, so they are now asking. It is a good sign, it means they started to review the application. Good luck.
for me they requested to submit schedule A form and clearance...... I submitted feb and still the vo is silent..... Any one got ppr in 2016 ? Colombo office?

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the police clearance also says all the resdiential address of the applicant on the actual clearance with the dates lived in Sri Lanka?
Thank you.

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
BlueSapphire said:
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if the police clearance also says all the resdiential address of the applicant on the actual clearance with the dates lived in Sri Lanka?
Thank you.
yea both address in clearance and the address live shud be same

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
vijay1987 said:
yea both address in clearance and the address live shud be same
So does clearance only have present address or all addresses?

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
Hi received an email from cic on narch 25th requesting updated schedule A from 18 years onwards. Along with that email there was an attachment for Planning for canada orientation session. I applied for it and today got an email to attend the orientation session next week. Anyone else got an email from planning for canada or attended the session

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luci1209 said:
Hi received an email from cic on narch 25th requesting updated schedule A from 18 years onwards. Along with that email there was an attachment for Planning for canada orientation session. I applied for it and today got an email to attend the orientation session next week. Anyone else got an email from planning for canada or attended the session
No!

vijay1987

Feb 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
Jan-2016
Med's Done....
Feb-2016
Passport Req..
01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
5-2017
LANDED..........
Hoping soon
luci1209 said:
they just requested me to submit schedule A and police clearance ......still no update from colombo vo

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
When planning for canada called me today they asked me to bring my visa copy when I attended the orientation session. I said I didn't get the visa then they asked how I applied I said I got an email from the embassy so they wanted me to forward the email to them and I did. After that they said for me to bring the email copy when I attended the session

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
BlueSapphire said:
So does clearance only have present address or all addresses?
Can anyone please confirm if you received all addresses lived in Sri Lanka on the police clearance or only time periods???

I also received that email about orientation when theyasked for additional docs.

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueSapphire said:
Can anyone please confirm if you received all addresses lived in Sri Lanka on the police clearance or only time periods???

I also received that email about orientation when theyasked for additional docs.
All previous addresses and present.

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
BlueSapphire said:

Did you go for the orientation program

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
MoudiCanada said:
All previous addresses and present.
Thanks for your reply.
I have a question... how did you request to get all addresses on the clearance?
We wrote down all addresses on the request but on the clearance they only have the time period :(

BlueSapphire

Jan 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 2015
Med's Request
Upfront July 2015
Med's Done....
RE-MED Oct 2016
luci1209 said:
Did you go for the orientation program
Hi, no havent registered yet. When are you going? It looks like a standard procedure.