+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombo Sri Lanka | Spouse Sponsor Processing Time

123jukid

Apr 2, 2016
luci1209 said:
Hi guys do you know anyone who got visa in 2016 and what ate their time line

2 of my friends got in 2016 jan . it took them 7 months for whole process. Those days processing time for Sl was 11 months in total. but now processing time is 17 month... I dont know how this new timing goining to effect

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The global processing time (all countries) is 17 months. The "normal" processing time for 80 % of the applicants at Colombo is less than 9 months. The remaining 20 %, well, no one knows how long before they get their visa.

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
got the fourth line update under the PR status

Permanent Residence

We received your application for permanent residence on December 7, 2015.
We started processing your application on February 23, 2016.
Medical results have been received.
We sent you correspondence on March 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Anyone knows what will happen after this. I was required to send Schedule A from 18 years onward and i sent it

MoudiCanada

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
luci1209 said:

Permanent Residence

We sent you correspondence on March 25, 2016. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Anyone knows what will happen after this. I was required to send Schedule A from 18 years onward and i sent it
It is normal that they ask you to submit Schedule A from 18 years old because this form needs to be updated.
Now, they will start processing your spouse's application. Sit back and wait.

416siha

Star Member
Mar 31, 2016
T.O.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
NOV. 7th 2016 (App Received... : NOV. 9th 2016)
AOR Received.
NOV. 22nd 2016 / SA: DEC. 2nd 2016
Hi can someone please help me here?

Long story in short, we both know each other through our families, but not related. Then we dated for just over a year and we're so much in love, even though her parents didn't like me because of our horoscope mismatch, I proposed her over Skype, then I went to Sri Lanka and we both got registered last march. Now I'm trying to sponsor my wife but I don't have a lot of photos, other than from our registration ceremony which took place last March. My wife and I took a lot of photos with my family who attended the ceremony, but not a lot from my wife's family side as they didn't attend it due to their disagreement with us due to horoscope. We have loads of call logs and some chat logs through Whatsapp. Will this become an issue once we submit our application?

123jukid

Apr 2, 2016
MoudiCanada said:
The global processing time (all countries) is 17 months. The "normal" processing time for 80 % of the applicants at Colombo is less than 9 months. The remaining 20 %, well, no one knows how long before they get their visa.
Thanks for the reply...

123jukid

Apr 2, 2016
luci1209 said:

Permanent Residence

I have applied 1 month before you. They ask from me Sl id copy and i sent it. but I did not get any update such as y. So I think your status update is a positive sign as they working on yr case.
Vo did not ask schedule A background.. from me instead they ask Sl Id copy... did they ask Sl Id from you..?

luci1209

Aug 26, 2011
123jukid said:
I have applied 1 month before you. They ask from me Sl id copy and i sent it. but I did not get any update such as y. So I think your status update is a positive sign as they working on yr case.
Vo did not ask schedule A background.. from me instead they ask Sl Id copy... did they ask Sl Id from you..?
No I was not asked for id copy

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
416siha said:
Hi can someone please help me here?

Long story in short, we both know each other through our families, but not related. Then we dated for just over a year and we're so much in love, even though her parents didn't like me because of our horoscope mismatch, I proposed her over Skype, then I went to Sri Lanka and we both got registered last march. Now I'm trying to sponsor my wife but I don't have a lot of photos, other than from our registration ceremony which took place last March. My wife and I took a lot of photos with my family who attended the ceremony, but not a lot from my wife's family side as they didn't attend it due to their disagreement with us due to horoscope. We have loads of call logs and some chat logs through Whatsapp. Will this become an issue once we submit our application?

I don't think not having family pictures would matter as long as you will be able to prove YOUR relationship with your wife by submitting other stuff like e-mails, chat logs you could also add facebook wall posts and messages ( if you had any) in case they inquire why your wife's family wasn't a part of it. explain of the customs in our country. and say that's how things work back there. be truthful. you've done nothing against the law. I don't see that it would be problem
God Bless :)

superwoman

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2015
Doc's Request.
December 2015
File Transfer...
November 5 2015
Med's Request
upfront medical
Med's Done....
August 2015
Interview........
No interviews
Passport Req..
April 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 2016
LANDED..........
May 2016
kankan said:
Nobody get ppr my friend
Hey Kankan. haven't heard from you for quite a while. I am guessing you received the PPR? do let us know bro. :-\

djaya

Oct 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2016
AOR Received.
Feb. 2016
File Transfer...
Feb. 2016
Med's Request
Oct. 2016(Re-medical)
Med's Done....
Oct. 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov. 10, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 17, 2016
LANDED..........
Soon
MoudiCanada said:
It is normal that they ask you to submit Schedule A from 18 years old because this form needs to be updated.
Now, they will start processing your spouse's application. Sit back and wait.
My husband got this request plus National ID last week. Hopefully we will hear something from them soon, once this information is received by CIC.