+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Colombian Background Check

nkongkham

Jan 5, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help shed some light on this as our Lawyer hasn't been any help. We've received what I would guess to be an initial approval but require a background check from Colombia. We've done the process on the CIC website and wired them the money, however we haven't heard anything back and CIC hasn't received the background report yet. There seems to be no contact info and additional e-mails to the address listed on the website have gone unanswered.

We have also sent in a copy of a police report which my wife got from the national police online and have had it certified by the Colombian embassy in Toronto and had it translated. CIC has received the police report but state they still require the background check.

So I guess my questions are: does anyone know the time frame or process for this background check?
has anyone had it successfully completed or not successfully done?

and my biggest fear is what happens if CIC doesn't receive it in the time line stated in their letter?

Any additional feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Neal

Axmcol18

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Oct 31/2013
If this helps, i was requested three times for the same document. They only document CIC accepts is the one requested in colombia following CIC website instructions. They won't accept the ones we send within canada. They require this document comes directly from colombia, and its send to CIO directly from the Canadian embassy in bogota. Just follow CIc besite "how to get a police ceritficate from colombia"

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
The process for the background check in Colombia takes 2 to 3 months. I'm not sure how it works when you're not doing it directly with the Visa Office in Bogota, but if it has been less than that, they're probably still doing paperwork?