+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

College

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
Hello friends,

I am in Canada on student permit, I have submitted my PR file through express entry couple of days back. I wanted to ask, if I don't go to college will this affect my status ? The university says, if I don't attend classes they will notify visa office. If they do so, will they reject my PR file ? Whats your take ?

bhavcaluk

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I am in Canada on student permit, I have submitted my PR file through express entry couple of days back. I wanted to ask, if I don't go to college will this affect my status ? The university says, if I don't attend classes they will notify visa office. If they do so, will they reject my PR file ? Whats your take ?
You need to maintain your status as student till you get PR status

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
A student visa is not a "workaround" for PR!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I didn't get you ? not a " workaround " means ?
getting a student visa then not going to college and finding work is not a way to outsmart cic to get residency

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
getting a student visa then not going to college and finding work is not a way to outsmart cic to get residency
Oh okay, so I should attend the classes until I get PR status. My CRS was 468. So not taking any chances is the best thing. I am already enrolled in the term and I am attending the classes as well. So I don't think there would be any problem. I hope so.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello friends,

If you drop out of school your study permit will be automatically canceled and you'll fall out of status in Canada. You have to be in status in Canada to apply for PR. So yes - there could certainly be an impact. Stay in school.

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
If you drop out of school your study permit will be automatically canceled and you'll fall out of status in Canada. You have to be in status in Canada to apply for PR. So yes - there could certainly be an impact. Stay in school.
So I should attend the classes until I get PR status. My CRS was 468. So not taking any chances is the best thing. I am already enrolled in the term and I am attending the classes as well. So I don't think there would be any problem. I hope so.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
Hello friends,

Why would you not want to attend college after enrolling for it?? You thought a study permit was an easy route to PR is it?? Start studying, my humble suggestion to a dear brother. Good luck.

Last edited:

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
Why would you not want to attend college after enrolling for it?? You though a study permit was an easy route to PR is it?? Start studying, my humble suggestion to a dear brother. Good luck.
I was planning to immigrate Canada on entrepreneur basis but thought it was a huge risk, went to a consultant and they tricked me and enrolled me in a university which has no value and the fees is $35,000 CAD. I didn't knew I was eligible for express entry in India as well. The consultants said go on the student visa which is the best way to enter and after studies you can apply. So that is the reason I don't want to waste that kind of amount on which has no value. But yes I have to maintain my legal status so have enrolled in the term and attending the classes too.

Raz0r

Jul 9, 2017
I was planning to immigrate Canada on entrepreneur basis but thought it was a huge risk, went to a consultant and they tricked me and enrolled me in a university which has no value and the fees is $35,000 CAD. I didn't knew I was eligible for express entry in India as well. The consultants said go on the student visa which is the best way to enter and after studies you can apply. So that is the reason I don't want to waste that kind of amount on which has no value. But yes I have to maintain my legal status so have enrolled in the term and attending the classes too.
Your story just cements the fact that people should not go to these so-called consultants. They trick people into spending their hard earned money. Hope the course works out for you at the end. Good luck.

tanveervora

Oct 4, 2017
Your story just cements the fact that people should not go to these so-called consultants. They trick people into spending their hard earned money. Hope the course works out for you at the end. Good luck.
I am just waiting for my PR and I hope so everything goes well.