+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

College Withdrawal

danielsqueiroz

Sep 26, 2014
Hello all,

I am running through some problems and hopefully someone will be able to help me.
Me and my wife got in Canada, and one way to get our permit, was to enrol my wife in a college, and I could apply for spouse work permit. Everything went smoothly, and we are already in Canada for almost one year in this situation.

You are probably wondering... what a heck is he complaining about... right? What happens is that my wife hates her course and can't stand it anymore... She took a course that is related to technology, thinking that it would be fun (She is post-graduated in marketing), but she figured that she has no skill at all in that field.

My company agreed to sponsor me to PNP (I am on NOC A), and we had applied in July of 2014... The time frame had changed to 5-6 months, and now 8-9 months, that means that could take upon march of 2015 to get their approval.

Now that you have a little about my story... Here comes the questions:

1) I know that after jun 2014, she can change her course, school and etc... without having to change her work permit only if she start another course within 90 days. Does it means that she need to finish her semester from old course? And if she does, does she need to pass (Fulfil the minimum requirements to pass, such as grades, presence and etc... )?

2) How the CIC gets to know if she gave up the school ?

3) In case that she gives up, and I get my approval from PNP, are they going to ask some proof that she is studying, are they going to change our Permits without any problem with the acceptance letter?

I hope that someone can help me with this situation... It is getting a bit stressful.

Thank you,
Daniel

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) She doesn't have to necessarily finish the course - but she can't drop out for more than 90 days.
2) Schools inform CIC when students drop out.
3) I'm not sure I understand this question. Provided she's not out of school for more than 90 days then you shouldn't have any issues.

danielsqueiroz

Sep 26, 2014
scylla said:
1) She doesn't have to necessarily finish the course - but she can't drop out for more than 90 days.
2) Schools inform CIC when students drop out.
3) I'm not sure I understand this question. Provided she's not out of school for more than 90 days then you shouldn't have any issues.
Thank you Scylla!!

That helps me a lot!