+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

College where I worked is not issuing me experience with duties and responsibilities.

kanwarz

Mar 19, 2019
Hi everyone! I want to apply for PR in express entry but I have a problem.
The college I worked in is not issuing me experience with duties and responsibilites.
I have the experience with designation and the period for which I worked. Should I go ahead with it or is it mandatory to obtain an experience with duties and responsibilities?
Any kind of help would be highly appreciated.

skape7

Apr 24, 2017
The college I worked in is not issuing me experience with duties and responsibilites.
I have the experience with designation and the period for which I worked. Should I go ahead with it or is it mandatory to obtain an experience with duties and responsibilities?
If your place of employment does not provide your with a Work Reference Letter in the format required by IRCC, under no circumstances should you submit it in its present form. If you do, the Agent/ VO assessing your application will not be convinced and your application could land in trouble. Apart from Police Certificates, Work reference letters without the complete information required by IRCC are the top reasons for applications to be refused or cancelled as incomplete.

Perhaps you could do the below:
1. Document proof that your employer refused to issue a work reference letter in the required format:
Send an email your employer and ask them to issue you a letter listing out all IRCC requirments. In your case, you need them to respond with a 'Not possible'. You can to include a soft copy of this response with your e-APR.
2. Work reference letter from your employer :
Scan the letter of employment from y our employer - as you received it. This needs to be on the letter head of the employer, and must include the duration of your employment, your designation and the contact information of the person issuing it.
Remember to supplement whatever information is missing from this letter through alternate means as below.
2. Include a reference letter from a Supervisor or colleague listing the 'duties and responsibilities' of your role:
Speak to your supervisors or colleagues there and request them to issue you a letter (does not have to be on your college letterhead) listing out your role in the organisation and the associated duties performed.
3. Include proof of remuneration you received
Scan your pay stubs/ pay slips, bank statements showing your salary credits in your bank account as well as your IT returns/ Form 16 copies for the duration of your employment.
3. Additional proof of genuine employment
Scan copies of your visiting card, your company ID, your employment contract/ appointment letter and / or your relieving letter (if you are no longer employed there). Include any document which would reinforce the fact that you are/ were a genuine employee of that organisation

Finally, you shall need to explain all of the above in your letter of explanation and tie it all together in an easy-to-understand format.
Read other posts on this forum to see what others in your circumstances did to succeed with their application and make up your own mind as to the next steps.
Good luck.

Quorn

Star Member
Nov 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
If you can get the letter from your immediate supervisor, that will also be as valid as the letter from HR, provided that it is on the employer letterhead.

Besides, I'd recommend visiting the below thread:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer.397796/