+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

College VS University for Visa

Sree_can

Apr 22, 2020
Hello Guys,

I'm 35 years old and planning to come for MBA this July intake. The consultant says that its difficult to get a student visa on college i20's. Only an admission from a University would add value for visa application. Could you please share your views. Also I have about 9 years gap since my last edu. qualification and now. Is it an issue for visa?

Thanks.

Bukks

Mar 7, 2020
Hello Guys,

I'm 35 years old and planning to come for MBA this July intake. The consultant says that its difficult to get a student visa on college i20's. Only an admission from a University would add value for visa application. Could you please share your views. Also I have about 9 years gap since my last edu. qualification and now. Is it an issue for visa?

Thanks.
What was your last qualification??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did my MS from Europe. Basically a engg. grad.
Will be tough to show that you need to do an MBA especially a low quality one like UCW. Assume you are likely at a management level. If it was a better MBA you may be able to convince CIC easier that you need to do the MBA. Is there a reason you want to move to Canada? Where are you currently working? We’re there not opportunities in Europe? Are you travelling alone or do you have a family? Are you the breadwinner in your family? I am not saying you will be denied but UCW is essentially a small school in an office tower. Have you applied for a permit and is UCW going to have classes in July?