Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
sood.prabal said:
Hey Ayay thank you for your reply. It's relieving to know someone faced the exact same situation and was able to tackle it well. You are correct about the lazy attitude of the student service centre.

Although CIC has mentioned in their refusal letter that going for a restoration of status is the next step, my lawyer has said that it would not be possible as my study permit has expired and the 90 days time after graduation is also gone. I am not sure who's right or who's wrong in this case. So please advise if restoration of status can still be done.

Also since it's not my mistake that college database was not updated, they will be the ones who would be paying to avoid me filing a court case against them.
Your lawyer is probably right, I'm Affraid

However you can apply for restoration of status as Visitor.
You should do it ASAP.

You can apply for Reconsideration about PGWP, explaining the issue and providing proper documents, don't blame the institution, just explain the facts.
You should do it immediately after apply for Status Restoration as visitor.

Don't expect a PGWP due to 90 days are exceed but try it.

Start to look for a job with LMIA (easy to say but better try)

Other options are a new Student Permit, International Experince Canada (working holidays)...

I don't think is worthy to go to court with this case, but your lawyer will know better, anyways it means money and lots of time that you don't have right now.

CIC is just guilty of processing applications so slow that you don't have time to fix mistakes like that.

The Institution is guilty of provide incomplete documents but was your responsibility to check it (as I did with some wrong company documents), anyways I don't know if you can suit the Institution for it.

tonero

Star Member
Oct 30, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-01-2016
AOR Received.
11-01-2016
IELTS Request
22-01-2016
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
28-01-2016
Med's Done....
28-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2016
LANDED..........
18-07-2016
Hmm whats school is that tho colleges dont make those type of mistakes. I mean it does take about 10 days to get your transcript.

sood.prabal

Oct 14, 2015
I know they usually don't but they did in my case. I already named the college in my first post.

CIC has suggested that I apply for restoration along with an apology letter from college and they will consider giving me pgwp.

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
sood.prabal said:
I know they usually don't but they did in my case. I already named the college in my first post.

CIC has suggested that I apply for restoration along with an apology letter from college and they will consider giving me pgwp.
Great!

Good luck!