College or University?

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
I Belong to a middle class family , I wish to attain higher education from Canada and settle there after studies.
I have heard many times that university are better than colleges ,
Please tell me what are pros & cons of studying in a college because it will be very difficult for me to afford tuition fees of a university. Please suggest.

Harvthecanadian

Star Member
May 12, 2017
if you cant afford university then colleges be it. College fees are'nt less either. about 15k total every year for just college fees(excluding rent food etc).

Uni fees can be as low as 20 or even 16(if doing masters) to as high as 40k per year.

you just need 1 year total living fees then you could easily earn and pay money for coming years if you re in college.

you should share your profile first.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
I am in high school but I am sure that I will score above 85% . I have completed IELTS with 7.5 bands not less than 6.5 .
My SAT score is 1380.

Sagar125

Apr 20, 2017
Hy bro.

My profile is just like you. I got 88% in 12th,and 7.5 in ielts with no less than 7. I researched a lot on this topic but couldn't find any affordable university. Even the worst of them had high fees. Although there are some which have low fees than colleges,but then their reputation is also extremely lower. Moreover they are in strange places.

So I don't think that it's a bad idea to go to a good college for a bachelor's degree that too in toronto. Colleges have become much great overtime. My program in seneca is CPA canada and ACCA accredited with a co-op in the last 2 sems. So this is something you'll never get in university at such a affordable rate. Also,the chances of getting employment after co-op are good. Further,all these colleges have great employment percentage (see kpi reports). Going into these colleges also gives you a chance to live in one of the most dynamic cities of the world,a experience no student would wanna miss. It's certainly better than going into cheap universities in strange cities.

And let's say that you don't get PR due to xyz reasons,but still you will get 3 years pgwp. You'll earn somewhat in that time. After that,you can again apply for masters in a good uni. Let's say a 2 years master in a good university would cost 80k. In these 3 years,you can earn 40-60k or even more. Rest u can take from ur family. So after having 3 years job experience,a bachelor and a master degree from Canada itself would be enough for PR.

Still these are just my thoughts. If you or anyone else know/think something else,please let me know.

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
But I have a problem, I have scored 46 in maths , but in other subjects I have 90+ . My bad. Now I will give improvement exam. I want to ask that after getting the marksheet of improvement exam that would arrive in 1st Week of June , will I have enough time to get the offer letter and then my student visa?

mehrnazzz

Sep 19, 2018
Due to the fact that I am meeting the deadlines for the winter semester I can't take any TOEFL and get the scores before the deadlines and two of the band scores of my current test is below the requirement of the university I wished to get accepted thus I was thinking of getting a conditional acceptance letter. which do you suggest me to do? getting a conditional acceptance letter from the university or acceptance letter from the college. I mean in which case I have a higher chance of getting the visa? are there any differences?
plz help me

Priyavart Rajain

Aug 29, 2017
New Delhi , india
VISA ISSUED...
24-08-2018
LANDED..........
02-07-2018
Due to the fact that I am meeting the deadlines for the winter semester I can't take any TOEFL and get the scores before the deadlines and two of the band scores of my current test is below the requirement of the university I wished to get accepted thus I was thinking of getting a conditional acceptance letter. which do you suggest me to do? getting a conditional acceptance letter from the university or acceptance letter from the college. I mean in which case I have a higher chance of getting the visa? are there any differences?
plz help me
You still have enough time to get IELTS or TOEFL results , YOU ARE NOT LATE! I applied on 14th July and got visa for Sept. intake on 24th August. So I would suggest you , giving IELTS/TOEFL . If you decide to not give , and want to apply fast , then get a confitional admission from a university or if the course you want to do is better at a college , then go with college. You can get visa with both conditional or unconditional/acceptance letter . Explain in your SOP that you will fulfill the requirements. Pay full year fees and apply under SDS . You will get your visa.

mehrnazzz

Sep 19, 2018
You still have enough time to get IELTS or TOEFL results , YOU ARE NOT LATE! I applied on 14th July and got visa for Sept. intake on 24th August. So I would suggest you , giving IELTS/TOEFL . If you decide to not give , and want to apply fast , then get a confitional admission from a university or if the course you want to do is better at a college , then go with college. You can get visa with both conditional or unconditional/acceptance letter . Explain in your SOP that you will fulfill the requirements. Pay full year fees and apply under SDS . You will get your visa.
the results will be available in 10 days and the deadline is on 1st oct! so no time left! and my sister has an acceptance letter from school division but because I am older than 18 we rather I go for the visa first, so as I said I can't wait till the next semester and I don't have enough language requirements, that's why I am having problems for choosing what to do.
and thanks for the comment