+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

COCP - Request for Passport - Email went to my spam and I missed deadline

waterizzet2

May 29, 2017
Hello all,

I've submitted my PR documents earlier this year and I've been waiting for any kind of reply since then.

Today, by chance, I checked my spam folder and found an email requesting a Photo and my Passport.

The email is completely different from everything I've received before from Canada Government. The email's sender isn't the traditional one used by CIC. There is not message or update whatever in the CIC portal.

I search about it and it common for people to confuse it with a scam. So, is it a valid email?

They request it before May 25th, so I missed the deadline already.
Should I send my passport anyway? Should I contact them?

Thank you in advance!

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
If the email came from CPCO-FinalRequest/CTDO-DemandeFinale (IRCC.CPCO-FinalRequest-CTDO-DemandeFinale.IRCC at cic.gc.ca), then it is legit.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
If the sender's domain is one of these, it's legit:

@ cic.gc.ca
@ international.gc.ca

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hello all,

I've submitted my PR documents earlier this year and I've been waiting for any kind of reply since then.

Today, by chance, I checked my spam folder and found an email requesting a Photo and my Passport.

The email is completely different from everything I've received before from Canada Government. The email's sender isn't the traditional one used by CIC. There is not message or update whatever in the CIC portal.

I search about it and it common for people to confuse it with a scam. So, is it a valid email?

Thank you in advance!

Immediately send an email at the email id mentioned in the email and explain. They will give you and extension and ask you to send the passport.

Jan 3, 2018
Hello all,

Thank you in advance!
Did you get a response after you sent an email ?

capoojamehta

Feb 27, 2018
Hi, I am in the same boat.. I received COPR mail on 18th may in spam folder which I saw on 30th July. I have far missed the deadlines. I have sent the email to CPC Ottawa asking for extension.

How long they take to respond. Did they provide you extension???

Reactions: ShreeS

abd90

Star Member
Nov 7, 2018
Hi, I am in the same boat.. I received COPR mail on 18th may in spam folder which I saw on 30th July. I have far missed the deadlines. I have sent the email to CPC Ottawa asking for extension.

Were they able to extend your PPR and issue the immigration visa?

ShreeS

Star Member
Nov 17, 2018

In how many days you got the response back from them? and what was your next step?

rarara

Jan 31, 2022
Hello all,

Thank you in advance!
Hello, I am in a similar situation could you share your experience and how you sorted it out? THANKS !

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, Even am in same situation, can you please let us know. did you get your passport stamped ???
You need to submit a webform asking IRCC for this, the request will go to local Embassy and will be processed accordingly.